Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > The Beatles In Mono forum

Fake Mono Boxset Sold By Amazon (Not Marketplace)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-30 of 30 posts in this discussion
Posted on 20 Jan 2011 00:13:09 GMT
P. Dix says:
Thanks for the update. I only checked earlier this evening to see if there were any new comments, when looking to see if my account had been credited (it had). I did ask for a replacement genuine set but did not get the offer of one. I thought for "customer service" sake I might have got one.
I also noted someone is now selling a set for under £50, and a couple more under £100! Says the £50 one is a "Chinese import"? Must all be fake. I can't understand how Amazon can allow this to happen.
Still disapointed not to get a genuine set but can't justify the cost at the moment, so will keep an eye on things and see if any decent offers come up.
Thanks again.

Posted on 23 Jan 2011 14:30:42 GMT
ROBBO says:
What the hell is going on here with the beatles box set, was going to purchase but now even amazons own sending out is suspect !!

Posted on 22 Jun 2011 15:34:50 BDT
Hi Guys,

I have just received a fake box set bought from a reputable Amazon seller. It was listed as 'used', and at around 90GBP I thought it would be OK.
Not so. Though there are no spelling mistakes etc that I can see, it's the overall quality of the printing that gives the game away.

I have contacted the seller - they perhaps didn't realise it was a fake, and I'll see what happens.
Meanwhile it would seem the only place you can be sure of getting the real thing is Beatles.com .... or are all sources now compromised?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jul 2011 13:09:35 BDT
A O'BRIEN says:
hi there - I've been reading this thread with growing interest as the genuine Mono box sets dry up across Amazon, seemingly to be replaced by cut-price fakes - as a result have ordered one from Beatlesonline (through Beatles.com) - will let all know how I get on

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jul 2011 13:31:45 BDT
Hi,
I received a full refund from the seller in double quick time, which was pleasing. The story went that this Beatles mono set had been shipped from the US in good faith. Possibly true, but the seller should have checked.

I ordered the real thing from Beatles.com, paying the full whack, and it came a couple of days later.
This really is the Real Thing - a wonderful package, both presentation and sonically - so it's worth it.

Good luck!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Beatles In Mono forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  29 Dec 2010
Latest post:  20 Jul 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about