Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.39

on 7 October 2014
What I would call a wonderful read! My children loved it and were happy to be tucked up in bed and be read too! If you like stories that ignite your imagination and your children's then this is one you should buy. Reminded me of a time gone by when good stories and no silly gimmicks were enough. Thank you Kevin Rattan.
on 27 June 2013
The feeling of this story is a little like the classic children's tales like The Owl Service, but subtly brought up to date.

Adam has always known faries exist, he's lived with one since he was born in the family ancestral home. But he had always been sure his magical boggart is the last of the fairies, because that's what he told him. But is it true, are there others slowly suffering in other ancestral piles which no longer house families for the faries to look after?

This story is stylishly written with humour and suspense. An excellent read for youngsters of all ages.
on 15 July 2013
I don't want to go into the plot as it is covered as much as it needs to be in the summary, but it is a well written story, well paced and plotted. If you have enjoyed books such as The Secret of Platform 13 or Dial A Ghost then you will enjoy this just as much as it is similarly written and mostly timeless (there are a couple of references to the modern world, but not many).
The main characters in it are twelve years old, so you can judge from that if it is the kind of book you may be of the age for. I await the author's next books with interest.

Warning for Kindle readers (which is everyone at the moment): There are some chapters from the author's next book at the back. This means that you get to what you think is the end of a chapter, flick to the next page and find that the book has ended. Because I watch the progress bar as I read I was caught out in a way, and felt that I somehow missed the end. This may just be Kindles and me, but there you go.