I think a lot of businesses and entrepreneurs are still a bit wary about Facebook. Without a doubt, Facebook is the focal point of a lot of activity with many potential customers waiting to hear about your product. Unfortunately, the open communication that makes Facebook great doesn't always connect well with keeping private and public lives separate.

Facebook Marketing clarifies the pros and cons of marketing on Facebook. It then goes into detail about how to market successfully on and off the site. Moreover, the book doesn't just cover creating an account and adding pictures of your dog. It looks into how to create attractive pages, placing ads on Facebook, and even creating Facebook apps. In this way, the book provides a nice overview of a variety of promotional options.
on 18 March 2011
I have to congratulate the author on achieving best seller status with this book, and managing to get into a second edition. I was too shortsighted to see the no-doubt excellent screenshots of Facebook. I was too stupid to be able to make use of the flabby prose and guiltily looked up on the internet to see how to set up a Facebook page rather than use the book.

This on the whole is the worst book I have read for some time. Its about Marketing (isn't it ?) and doesn't start on its subject until page 46 or so. Major questions are not answered (how does an internet user find his way to one's business page; what is Facebook's "demographic" - is it just American teenagers or what ?).

I hated the way it was written: for example this sentence "At the end of the day, all strategies mentioned throughout this book will more than likely be helpful to you at some point" MEANS "All the strategies in this book will probably be helpful to you".
on 12 July 2011
... as was my case. It gets you though the basics and you get a general idea of what all the fuss is about. HOWEVER, if that's the target, then it should be more step-by-step at times and explain certain fb jargon words.

For example, it goes on about privacy issues and that everyone should carefully "tweak" around with the privacy settings. Maybe I'm just dumb but I would've liked to see some info on how those settings affect the way my fans see my business page because, let's remember, this book is aimed at marketing professionals...

As others have commented (and I've ignored, shame on me), the illustrations are small to the point of being useless... when I already knew what was supposed to be illustrated I recognised the image, when I really needed to use the image I couldn't realise what was being shown. I don't understand how a publisher can print a book like this: wasn't anyone in proof reading sensible enough to say they need 30% more pages and the images at least twice the actual size?

All in all, I've found the book to be a lot less useful than I imagined it would be.
on 31 August 2010
OK, so I wear glasses for reading, but I'm hardly blind. Somewhere around 50% of this book is examples and they are so small I could hardly read any of them. Ditto a similar book in the same series on iPhone marketing.

So I'll never know if it was any good or not.

At least the author was brave enough to admit the publishers screwed up

Hi Paul--

Thank you for picking up a copy of the book. I do have many copies of the book and agree that the illustrations are a tad bit small. Unfortunately, the lay out and sizing were not decisions or options that I had control over. But, I will provide the feedback to my publisher for possible future editions of the book.

Thanks so much!

--Justin
on 4 March 2011
Libro útil para iniciados en el mundo de las redes sociales

Les ayudará a conocer cómo funciona Facebook