′It′s well–written, and with chapters like "Digital cuisine", "Ownership, safety and new legal frontiers" and "A factory in the classroom", the book holds much promise. I put it like that because I haven′t actually read it yet! I′ve literally just started on it, and thought I would take the opportunity to give you the heads–up on it. (ICTinEducation.org, June 2013)
′This engaging book takes the reader on a journey that explores how 3D printing will impact our lives. Fabricated is ideal if you re interested in integrating 3D printing into your work, but are not experts in design software.′ (Design Talks, August 2013)
From the Back Cover
What would you create if you had a machine that could make (almost) anything?
Fabricated offers you practical and imaginative insight into the question, "How will 3D printing change my life?" This book is an informative and fast–paced exploration of 3D printing technologies and the people who use them. You′ll take a journey to design studios, businesses, schools, and cutting–edge research labs. Based on hundreds of hours of interviews, Fabricated explores the promise and peril of a 3D printed present and future.
- Businesses will be liberated from the tyrannies of economies of scale
- Factories and global supply chains will shrink, finding themselves closer to their customers
- The law, already reeling from digital media, will once again need to be redefined
- Our environment might breathe easier in a 3D printed economy, or it could choke on a rising tide of plastic
- 3D printed digital and intelligent, adaptive materials will change our relationship with the physical world
If you′re intrigued with new technology, business strategy, popular science, or the social impact of technology, Fabricated will fascinate you.
See all Product Description