Customer Discussions > Fable III (Xbox 360) forum

Fable 3 - Propaganda Device?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Nov 2010 09:16:59 GMT
I haven't played this game myself, I bought it for my kids who have played it as good and evil, on single player and multiplayer, to the end. And having observed the story unfolding, I can't help thinking there is a deliberate insertion of political propaganda here. SPOILER ALERT! once you become King or Queen you are offered set choices; you can either dump all over everyone you ever got help from in the game and give Reiver carte blanche to exploit and devastate at will, or empty your treasury in endless do-gooding programmes. If you choose to do good most of your people will die; if you do the nasty stuff, you will get more survivors. So basically the message is there are only two ways to govern, all-out capitalist exploitation which preserves national security, or all-out liberal spending sprees which end up costing your people's lives. Who scripted this, Sarah Palin? Dick Cheney?

Posted on 30 Nov 2010 20:11:43 GMT
Daz says:
Errrr no. You can do good AND save everyone, conversely you can be evil and save nobody. That's the point of the game: it's your choice.

Posted on 3 Jan 2011 20:47:24 GMT
book worm says:
daz is right. i have played the game. you can quite easily be good and save everyone. it is completely up to you. that is the entire fable concept. your choices affect the world around you. for example when i became king i didn't pay for aurora to be rebuilt and because of it all the people there hate me.

if you want to save everyone and be good you have to work hard to gain a personal fortune and then trade it into the albion treasury which pay for the army. if you want to be evil you can choose all the evil choices then remove all the money from the treasury meaning that you have all the money, the army cannot be paid for and therefore everyone dies. you could do it the way you said. be good and everyone dies or be evil and everyone lives.

i didn't like the game to start with but i have now grown to enjoy it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  29 Nov 2010
Latest post:  3 Jan 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Fable III (Xbox 360)
Fable III (Xbox 360) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
3.5 out of 5 stars   (232)