Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Shop now Learn more

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Oct 2012 00:48:04 BDT
Craig C. says:
As being a big fan of Naked Eyes' music since the age of 12, I'm excited to hear that the UK version is getting the re-issue it deserves. The one my friends and I grew up with here in the states was called "Naked Eyes", and it was released through EMI America with the track listing like this:

Side One:
"Always Something There To Remind Me"
"Fortune And Fame" <<<personal favorite
"When The Lights Go Out"
"Voices In My Head"
"Low Life"

Side Two:
"Promises Promises"
"I Could Show You How"
"Emotion In Motion"
"Burning Bridges"
"Could Be"

I think I went through about 3 copies on Cassette in those days. For me, this went beyond just the cover of "Always Something There...". The music seemed to have an atmosphere about it which if you listened through headphones was the type that could transport you to another place. I'm sure when this comes out, I'll do the same thing. I genuinely love the songs Peter Byrne and Rob Fisher wrote; they're fantastic. They inspired me to become a musician. We got songs like "A Very Hard Act To Follow", and "Time Is Now" as B-Sides here but I never knew they were part of the original album in England. Looking foreword to hearing this, please check it out it's worth it.

P.S. Any chance we'll get the second album "Fuel For The Fire" released? :).

Posted on 25 Oct 2012 02:18:48 BDT
hampshireman says:
Craig, I am also a lifelong Naked Eyes fan and I bought the Burning Bridges LP album when it was first released here in the UK in 1983 (so next year it will be 30 years old!) and looking at your tracklisting, it is different to the UK release, the order of which has been retained on this CD reissue. The atmosphere of the music that you describe is in fact due to the talents of a famous music producer here in the UK called Tony Mansfield. He produced all of the music by New Musik aswell and might be worth your while checking them out, though their music was a bit more whacky by Naked Eyes standards - try it, you might be surprised? You mention the Fuel For the Fire album - I think that was a US only release - I have just searched for it here on ebay.co.uk and everyone who still has a copy, all live in the US. I doubt Fuel for the Fire will be released on CD because all of the tracks are already available on at least two other CDs, of which I have a copy of both - "Naked Eyes - The Best of" from 1991 and "Naked Eyes - Everything and more" from 2002. Hope this info is helpful to you in some way? From one Naked Eyes fan to another - Cheers!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  25 Oct 2012
Latest post:  25 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Burning Bridges (Special Edition)
Burning Bridges (Special Edition) by Naked Eyes (Audio CD - 2012)
4.3 out of 5 stars (7)