on 16 May 2012
I have used fenox products for years so my trust in them and their application is based on cumalative experience and knowing that Fernox products do exactly what they say on the label. I have no doubt that the Fernox F1 used on the final filling of my newly installed boiler and system will provide a high level of protection for many years to come.
on 14 February 2012
Used for years and keeps system clear and clean, gas boiler engineer said that the system was sludged which was causing the 5 year old boiler faults??, we cleaned the system with fernox De-scaler ourselves, removed every rad and washed and only a little muck came out after 6 years, the system is 25 years old and never had any leaks or problems. Fitted a TF1 filter and re injected system with F1 and very confident that we will have no trouble from radiators for years to come.
on 25 October 2015
Very easy to buy and use due to only needing 500ml for a 100 litre system. Fernox assure me that it is a concentrated version of their MB1 which I have previously used in my CH system for 40 years , changing it every 10 years or so. I have had no problems with sludge or rusty radiators. It does not contain an antifreeze, if you require an inhibitor for a caravan holiday home which will be unused over the winter, then Fernox ALPHI II contains antifreeze and winter drain down is unnecessary.
on 15 November 2015
I cannot recommend this additive enough. I have used Fernox products for years and have had no problems what so ever in relation to sludge, cold radiators, poor circulation, nocking, banging or having to repeatedly vent radiators. Whenever I have drained my system it is clean and clear.
on 5 November 2015
Have always used fernox and have never been let down. You need to rig up a funnel for pouring the liquid into your system (I use a cleaned-out silicone sealant cartridge attached to a rubber tube) but it's straightforward enough and less messy than the gel cartridges.
on 26 May 2015
Good quality corrosion inhibitor. Recomended. There are cheaper inhibitors available but this is probably the best. It is important to overdose a system rather than underdose. One bottle treats a system with up to 10 radiators (Double panels count as two rads). Also consider using Fernox F6 energy saver.
on 16 February 2015
Great stuff to use and it really does quieten down your central heating system whilst protecting the pipes. Every time water is drained from my boiler the British gas engineer comments on how clean the water is so that is only good news!
on 24 October 2013
Fernox does exactly what it says on the container. All of the range works well in a system. If I had a criticism it would be the price the product commands, it is a little overpriced. For that reason I have started to flush my system with a cheaper brand, but use Fernox as the protector and inhibitor as it stays in the system longer, but works well.
on 25 June 2016
Have always used this. No problems.
on 2 January 2016
I purchased 2 of these Fernox inhibitors separately. The first was not a clear liquid but a rusty brown colour. When I received my second, in order to top up, the colour of this was clear and I checked that the product should indeed be clear. Both (identical?) are now in my central heating system though I have doubts about what it says it should do on the bottle.
Both bottles were properly sealed when I received them.