I bought this card for the fact it will send my pictures via wifi to another device.
My iPhone and iPad have the software to make this work so I was very excited to see how well it performed

From setup to working takes about 5 minutes and was an easy click next guide
My camera is a canon 550D and after putting the card in the pc and telling it what I want it to do with the pictures I take it was the cameras turn to play.

My wife held the iPad and I took a picture after about 15 seconds the picture was on the iPad screen
This was great as now I could view all my pictures before hand, even upload them to flickr from my iPad or email

The card is able to tag geo location data but I found this to be a pain to setup so use my iPhone and set the date and time the same sp that after I get home I can pair the data to the pictures

Out and about this works the same as the card acts as a network for your iPhone laptop or whatever else has been synced to it

Overall a great buy but don't through away your other memory cards as it's not an everyday must have but more a sometimes I'm going to need to see the photos off the camera before I'm done
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a very clever but very simple gizmo which means that you can take a photograph with your camera and have it appear on your computer immediately. Or have it posted to facebook immediately.

There are times when this is amazingly useful - such as almost-live blogging on facebook.

It also means that you won't leave photos on your memory card for weeks at a time.

The downside is that it is not fast enough for a decent DSLR on burst mode. So for 'proper' photography I still use a class 10 card, and use my Eye-Fi card for 'snaps'

Oh, and my 6 year old daughter uses it. That's how easy it is.

In short: clever technology, with a very practical end use, easy to use, and not expensive.

Four stars.
on 15 May 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I rarely give anything 5 stars so I really must love this item. ! You really have to follow the set up directions very carefully but if you manage that alright it really is very simple to use, would really recommend this product
on 18 December 2010
Having been using an add on Geotagger and falling foul of remembering to charge it up, switch it on, sit and download and co-ordinate. You need to set your camera to stay on during the transfer process, but once that is done the operation of this card is a breeze. Multitude of settings and connection options so one upload (automatic) sends the pictures to all the places you tell it to. Makes this all so pain free. One word of caution, the Geotagging takes its location from the wifi it links to, so if you take photos but can't upload until you get home or to another wifi hotspot that will be the geotag you get, not the original location. This does mean the need to retag soem pictures, but its far less than my old method. Intelligent deleting meas that effectively you don't need more than one card and as soon as you are at a hotspot you can use the photos are safely transferred. Really has saved me a lot of onerous work.
on 28 February 2012
This now works surprisingly well (I have to admit, I was expecting a nightmare). I simply installed the software onto my Mac, and then added my home wireless network.

10 minutes of frustration followed, but this was the fault of Olympus (Olympus automatically disables Eye-Fi on many of their cameras, although they include the functionality - you'll need to delve through the camera menus to turn Eye-Fi 'on').

Once my camera was set to on, photos began streaming wirelessly directly onto my Mac. Its fast and surprisingly effective. You can also download photos directly onto your iPhone or iPad when out of the range of wireless- a great feature to back up photos on holiday, when you can't take a laptop but are nervous about losing the camera or memory card (always my paranoia on a long trip away - at least you've got the pics in two places, and can then sync your iPhone to Photostream when you're next in a wireless network).

The software provided isn't super-slick, and there are some slightly odd quirks (you can't sync photos to your iPhone whilst in range or a registered wireless network, for example); but overall this is a cool piece of useful kit, especially for gadget-geeks like myself.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I bought this card (The Connect X2 4GB) as it allows me to backup and store photos from my camera to my smartphone. It can do this without any wireless internet connection (WIFI or 3G), on any of the current cards mentioned on the Eye-fi website. This means on holiday i can now instantly backup photos to my smartphone (which has a lot more memory) and then when i do come accross a wireless signal, upload my photos online from my phone.

I've had the misfortune of losing my camera while travelling, and worse than the loss of a camera is the loss of the pictures on it. This little card will backup the photos as and when you take them, automatically. And when i get home the android app connects to my home wifi and stores the images on an external hard drive in folders by date. Its like living in the future!

After 30 mins of setting it up and figuring out my preferred settings i now only have to mess with it when i change a router password or the upload directory.
VINE VOICEon 22 January 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am not into facebooking / sharing photos etc; if you like those things then this could well be for you, as it makes them really easy to do.

From my point of view, as I already have a lead that I can connect my camera to my computer with, which is not that difficult to do, I am not sure I see the point of it, though it is definitely quite cool when you are taking pictures in the same room as your computer to have them appear on the screen as if by magic.

I find this card / system more of a gimic than a useful addition to my electronic gismo collection but there is no doubt for facebook etc officianados this is going to prove very time saving.

To explain how it works as I think that was somewhat lacking with the paperwork it came with, you need a wifi connection, a computer with a spare USB slot, and a camera that takes SD cards. And an email address to register with eye fi.

You start off by inserting the eye fi card still in its pouch as it comes out of the box, into your USB slot (no camera needed yet), and double click on the icon that will come up to install the software. You will go through registration including your email etc. Now, you remove the eye fi card from the pouch (that stays in the USB slot), you place the eye fi card in your camera in place of its usual SD card, and take a picture - watch as if by magic it appears on the computer in the software program window. It will ask you if you want to make a collection or email it etc.

I hope you found this review helpful - I have tried to explain how it works and I have actually used the product a few times and have commented as honestly and helpfully as I could.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 29 August 2012
What a fantastic little gadget. I am about as computer literate as a slug and I had no problems installing the software on my laptop. Took the test photo as suggested and hey presto my photo popped up on my laptop, I took a few more and pop, pop, pop, they appeared on my laptop too. The set up on my Galaxy note was a doddle too and also for my tablet.
When you are within range of your home network your laptop/PC will become the default setting for the card to send pictures to but when you are out of range of your home wi-fi the card will send photos to whatever device you have set up at the time but it is easy to swap between devices. However, the card will only send to one device at any one time which is a bit of a shame but this is my only gripe. You can set things up so your photos appear on social networks as I have I went on FB and there were the pictures I had taken. i'm very happy with this product and I would recommend it to anyone
on 30 September 2012
I'd recently been for a weekend away and came home wondering if there was a product which would allow me to transfer photos from my bridge camera to my phone so I could upload photos to Facebook or send them to others. I found this card and a different brand, similar product. I opted for this one as it had an app for Android which you download onto your phone, so I figured this would probably be the easiest to use. It's probably good to know that I'm not technically/computer minded. I've got a good spec HTC Android phone and a laptop and I use a FujiFilm Finepix S4200.

It arrived in a box which fitted through the letterbox and comes with a USB cardreader, SD card and a simple instruction guide of how to set it up (with PC and Mac instructions). It took less than ten minutes to follow all the instructions and download the app to my phone. Everything was super easy and I just followed the prompts and didn't have to change any settings or anything complicated. After about ten minutes of taking the card out of the box I'd taken a photo of my computer, this had magically appeared on my phone (in the Eye-Fi app) and then I'd emailed it to a friend. You can choose whether to send it to a phone or a computer and I've opted for my phone.

The real test was a party we recently attended in a pub. I'd been taking photos all night and just needed to check my phone- all my pictures had been transferred to my phone throughout the night! The battery on my phone was low, so this would be something to think about if I'd have needed my phone later in the night, but that was after it had transferred over 100 photographs. In the morning I start up my laptop and sitting in the Eye-Fi program is all my photographs. Perfect! This stops my photos languishing on my camera for months on end before I get round to transferring them to my computer.

This card also comes with Endless Memory so if you are running out of space it will upload to Eye-Fi's cloud storage (I think you get 1 month free, ie you can keep any photos in there for a maximum of 1 month, as opposed to 1 month from the time you get the card). So because of this I opted for the 4GB instead of the more expensive 8GB card.

After seeing mixed reviews I was a bit dubious about this card but it's fair to say that I love it!!!
on 16 February 2012
Hi

I purchased this card so I could easlly transfer photos to my home server when at home and to my android phone while out and about.

to start with you have to install the eye-fi software on your computer mac and windows is supported but no official linux support.

when the software have been installed you then plug the card in to the supplied card reader and configuer the card to connect to your wireless network pair the card with the computer and to set up where you want the files saved.

now plug the card in to your camera and take photos and they should appear on the computer. but only if the computer has the eye software installed and paired with the card. so if you are at a friends house you can't transfer photos to there computer without going through the setup proceduer on there computer which means plugging the card in which defets the point.

now the android software. if you want to used the card with your android phone you have to set up the eye-fi card for direct mode if there is no wifi network to connect to. this is done in the eye-fi software on your computer and you will need the wpa code for your phone. then when you are away from home you have to configer your phone to connect to the eye-fi cards wireless network. you are unable to do this at home without disabling your home wifi because the card will connect to the home network first. then when you have connected your phone to the eye-fi cards wifi network. you have to go in to the android apps setting and disable the computer paring and enable pairing with the phone.

this is where the big drawback starts you will need a internet connection to change the eye-fi card to work with the phone in direct mode. which is a problem if there is no internet connection.

but it should work and transfer photos to your phone.

now when you go home you wont be able to send pictures to your computer unless you plug the card in to the computer and set up pairing with the computer again. which defets the point of being wireless.

you card allows sharing of files with online web sites such as facebook fliker picasa and so on.
but its a pitty there is no support for dropbox.

so to summarise the limitations.

if you want to use the card with one device its great unless its a linux machine.

if you want to use it with more than one device its a pain to have to keep changing setting. so no way to search for a know machine and automaticly send files to the avalable machine.

if you want to change setting you have to have internet connection on your phone. or to plug the card in to your computer which has to be running the eye-fi software. so away from home not always possable

no easy way to send files to a shared folder like an ftp or samba share.
and no dropbox support unless you set up the software to save the files in dropbox on your computer.

See one answered question