Size: 12.75 Kg|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 August 2013
I use these to mix with 'value' bird seed I buy from amazon. I am currently mixing 2/3 value bird seed with 1/3 of these sunflower seeds and the birds seem to love them. I can actually stand and fill the feeders and scatter food on the ground and the birds will come while I am there. I can see them all going for the black sunflower seeds first before attacking the other seeds.

Another great advantage is that provided you have storage space then you don't have to carry it back from the shops!
on 8 February 2013
The first sack I got was great but the next one had a lot of junk in it, of the sort that swells up when damp and clogs the feeders. Some of it is so large that you can't help but feel a quick seiving would have helped. The rubbish looks as if it is is a by product of processing, so its not as bad as some others that appear to have had heavier seed like maize mixed intentionally to maximise profits (Johnson and Jeffs, this means you). But still at nuisance level. I might have been unlucky this time.
on 9 December 2013
Very good price. Birds just love it. This is the third pack that I have bought. On the down side it does contain a fair proportion of husk and other none seed products. But great value for money.
on 29 December 2012
Great value and speedy delivery. I ordered a bag on Christmas Eve and even though I selected free postage, it was delivered by the 27th December. I was a little concerned as I noted one of the previous reviewers had stated that there were more bits of stem than they are used to, however, I was pleasantly surprised to find less wastage than I get in bags from my local supplier. Really excellent value and I will most certainly be ordering again.Many thanks.
on 17 February 2016
I have bought these seeds before and had no problems (although the contents contain a lot of husks), however the supplier has changed the packaging. They now come in a horrid plastic woven sack which disintegrates as you use it allowing bits of plastic to get into the feeder. You have to struggle to get at the seeds past all the trailing bits of plastic. I will not buy these seeds again primarily due to the plastic sack (see photo).
review image
on 24 May 2013
if like me you just like to buy a fair amount of something instead of bit by bit, that more than likely costs more then this is a good item keeps the jackdaws blackbirds etc busy for a while.
on 2 August 2013
if you want to attract birds, especially finches and tits into your garden then this seed is a definate winner, highly recommended and great value
on 10 January 2014
an excellent additive to cheap bird seed that is usually lacking in the quality seed that the birds like , and at a reasonable price
on 2 December 2014
Too much debris. I don't know if i received the right thing. Mine was in a big white sack with no printing on it.
Bad quality seed...
on 28 August 2013
Have to give this a five.

Pro's = 'is what it says'

Really good, quality, black sunflower seeds,
Huge bag ( will last awhile)
Seeds are the perfect size for the average bird.. (and mine love 'em!)
Slight extra bits / roughage in the bag, but virtally nothing to worry about,
- some have said in reviews 'could have done with a sifting'
..I didn't think that at all.
Infact, for a bag this size and weight? there is hardly any other 'bits', just seed and that is exactly what you want.
( other brands of b.s.seed I've bought have had far, far more bits and roughage within the seeds.)

Deliverly and packaging = Good.

Delivered to your door. (obviously that is a great thing and, for those of us who don't have transport.)
Nice, tough outer box and the seed inside a quite thick bag.

Pro's = Hmmm..

None as yet.

So if your looking for really nice, decent black sunflower seed? then buy!
This is good stuff...and will be mixed in with usual bird seed, as makes both last longer

See one answered question