on 11 February 2014
I bought this antenna to use with the Huawei E5332. I wouldn't have known that such a thing even existed but for an excellently helpful review of that mobile broadband router, and this little antenna has proved its worth many times when a mobile signal has been a little weak. I found a neat little leather zipped pouch that fits the two items perfectly, and carry both with me always so I know I can connect my tablet to the internet wherever I am, and so far, with the help of this little booster, that's exactly what I've been able to do. My only small reservation is with the plug itself, which tends to spread and need pinching gently with a pair of pliers from time to time so it will stay connected and not fall out. Notwithstanding that, I consider this an essential addition to the router, and at a very reasonable price. Oh, also I hadn't realised the base of the antenna is magnetic, and this has proved useful a few times when I've been able to attach it quite high up to a whiteboard near a window, or even to a metal window frame itself. The connecting wire is a good length and I felt - rightly or wrongly - that this gave the very best chance of a first rate signal.
44 comments|15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 March 2014
Having just got the Huawei E3552 from EE store, got it home and set it up - signal absolutely useless!! After hours of trying to search the internet for a solution came up with this external aerial. Ordered on a Sunday, delivered on Tuesday. Opened package to find a tiny aerial and immediately thought there was no way this was going to work. How wrong I was - plugged in and here I am now able to post review via same laptop as before with a much improved signal - couldn't be happier.

Thank you.
on 7 November 2014
Worked perfectly with the E5332. Combination used for WiFi hotspot in a mobile work site cabin and the antenna mounted on the roof (using the built in magneticv base) and thread through a vent in the side has helped provide a great signal inside whats fundamentally a solid metal box.
on 6 February 2014
Bought this for my Huawei E5332, I wasn't sure if it was compatible as the connector only plugs halfway in; however it works perfectly. The long cable allowed me to place it next to my window, I now get 100% signal on my E5332.
on 1 August 2014
This product is amazing. I have a Huawei model E5756s-2 Mi Fi unit. I purchased this to help with my signal that keeps dropping out and once connected I now have a full signal and no dropping out.
on 7 February 2014
With the MiFi near my Nexus 7 or laptop I can connect the antenna and position it where I can obtain a good signal without having to move the MiFi, outside if using it in our caravan.
on 14 November 2013
Works and gives me the Internet any where i go as i work on the road out side and need the Internet
on 22 August 2015
Works well. However I would recommend putting a small blob of super glue where the cable enters the antenna as there is no strain relief and the cable can easily pull out. Ask me how I know! It's seemingly impossible to dismantle the antenna to re-solder.
on 8 March 2016
Given some of the previous reviews I was not expecting much of this antenna. But I thought I would give it a go and it is well worth it.

I am working out of a steel portacabin that blocks the 3G signal. I tried putting my mobile wi-fi outside but then I could not receive the wi-fi signal inside! With the antenna attached to my mobile wi-fi router (Huawei E5377) I now have the antennae outside and the wi-fi router inside with the antenna cable running through the window and the antenna has increased the 3G signal from nothing to full 5/5 bars.

The magnet is handy to keep the antenna secured to the steel wall outside.
on 2 June 2016
Having struggled with indoor wireless broadband reception using the Huawei e5332, attaching this little thing gave me a perfect signal. Whilst waiting for our broadband to be installed in our new house, we had to use a mobile broadband solution. However, the signal was poor due to the solid walls etc. of our new build house. We connect the one end of this to our mobile device and ran the antenna wire under the patio door to the outside. Instant full signal. My parents also use this for their caravan and it works brilliantly.