- Hardcover: 1184 pages
- Publisher: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins; 6th Revised edition edition (1 April 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0781749905
- ISBN-13: 978-0781749909
- Product Dimensions: 28.4 x 21.9 x 4.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (13 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
65,846 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #22 in Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Sports Injuries & Medicine
- #40 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Sports Injuries
- #111 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Basic Medical Science > Physiology
- See Complete Table of Contents
Exercise Physiology: Energy, Nutrition, and Human Performance (Exercise Physiology ( MC Ardle)) Hardcover – 1 Apr 2006
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
What a publication! At last I have found a book that has unlocked a subject area that was previously dry, imposing and unattractive. -- 2002 BMA Book Competition Reviewer --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
However in some areas the book can be quite technical for the layperson, but also gives a bibliography at the end of each section. But, this is the best book for the money, If you are looking for something more indepth then this is NOT the book for you, this book gives good knowlegde in all areas but does not specialise in any aspect, those looking for infomation on health and exercise will also find this book informative as it has a whole chapter dedicated to health related fitness, drugs in sport e.t.c from the sports science aspect and professional bodies such as the ACSM
Coaches and Gym instructors can also help themselves by reading this book as it would give them, an insight into WHY peolpe do the type of training they do, from a solid science base.
Really useful information at the end of each chapter with detailed referencing and CD rom guide with reference lists you can print.... therefore great for searching original sources.
I cannot imagine you would be dissapointed with this purchase. It's an investment!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Just as described, couldn't be happier with the book. Will last me beyond the next 2 years despite being mainly necessary for thenPublished on 20 July 2013 by Emzz
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Sports Injuries
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Sports Injuries & Medicine
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Basic Medical Science > Physiology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z