Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 January 1999
Believe me, I do not delve into new software with eager anticipation and great optimism. Never having worked with a spreadsheet, I thought I was in for a frustrating, drawn out process in trying to learn Excel from a book. I quickly read through the first two chapters (delighted to realize that I already knew a bit of what was being presented)and sat down to create a perfect spreadsheet, replete with formulae and formatting! It was such a thrill to add this powerful ally to my bag of tricks that even after I had completed the work task at hand, I continued to read and play with the features. Fear not. Jump right in with Excel for Dummies.
on 25 October 1998
Although I have had alot of previous self-taught experience with Excel 97, I found myself flipping through the book and picking up a lot of very useful tips that I was unaware of. After going through the book, I realized that the Excel software had a lot more room for potential and creativity than I was previously unaware of.
on 20 May 2002
I have just taken delivery of the book and enthusiastically opened it up....but can't find anything about pivot tables! - which was the reason I purchased the book (for work). As there is no 'Advanced Excel 97 for Dummies' I hadn't thought that the topic would not be covered - quite disappointing!
on 14 March 2015