From the Back Cover
Just the steps you need to create spreadsheets, charts, andmore
...for great results
Create a Basic Chart
1.Select the data (sequential or nonsequential) you want to plotin the chart. See Figure 11–1 for an example of sequential dataselected for a chart.
2.Press the F11 key. Excel immediately adds a new sheet calledChart 1 to your workbook with the data plotted into a column chart.Figure 11–2 shows you the various elements that can make up achart
Some newer keyboards use a different function for the F11 key.If your F11 key does not produce a chart, use the Insert tab asexplained in the next section.
- Title: A descriptive name for the overall chart. By default,titles are not added in a basic chart.
- X or Category axis: Column or row headings from your selecteddata, which Excel uses for Category axis names.
- X Axis Title: A descriptive name for the Category axis. Bydefault, a category label is not added in a basic chart.
Get ready to
- Enter data into a spreadsheet
- Build formulas and functions
- Format cells and add graphics
- Sort and analyzedata
- Create charts andPivotTables
- Blend Excel intoPowerPoint®
About the Author
owns and operates All Business Service, asoftware training and consulting business formed in 1988 thatservices the central Indiana area. Her area of expertise has longbeen in the word–processing, spreadsheet, and graphics areas ofcomputing. She also provides training and support for PeachtreeAccounting Software. Diane s authoring experience includesover thirty five books on topics such as PC Security, MicrosoftWindows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Works, WordPerfect, Paint ShopPro, Lotus SmartSuite, Quicken, Microsoft Money and PeachtreeAccounting. Many of these titles have been translated into otherlanguages such as French, Dutch, Bulgarian, Spanish and Greek. Shehas also developed and written numerous training manuals for herclients.
Diane and her husband enjoy spending their free time fishing,traveling and playing with their four grandsons and Little Joe,their Yorkshire Terrier.