Everyone please contact BBC Watchdog - they are going to do an feature on Amazon

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Dec 2010 22:25:15 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 15 Dec 2010 14:14:19 GMT]

Posted on 15 Dec 2010 10:12:02 GMT
D.Jones says:
I ordered my copy of the expansion back on the 14th of feb hoping id get a copy within a day or 2 of release, im still waiting for it 8 days later, they blamed the weather for my copy but my girlfriend who ordered hers a week before release date from amazon got hers on the 7th dec who lives with me. figure that 1 out.

Posted on 15 Dec 2010 12:26:37 GMT
amjl2000 says:
Really? did they tell you that?
In any case, the current series has ended, so it'll be a few months before an amazon rep says 'sorry for the inconvenience'. big woo.

Posted on 15 Dec 2010 13:39:15 GMT
And what has happened to all the other reviews.... there were over 130 reviews here (a couple of days ago) nearly all regarding the terrible delivery on this order.... And now they have all vanished and there are only 23 reviews ? Looks like Amazon has been censoring bad reviews of their service ?

Posted on 15 Dec 2010 17:34:00 GMT
W. Nicholls says:
Just noticed that. Now i'll never trust an Amazon review ever again.

Posted on 15 Dec 2010 22:42:33 GMT
tinkerbell says:
A lot of people don't see these forums right at the bottom....It's bad really as although I disagreed with people marking the product down, it's only right that people make their voices heard, Amazon have questions to answer, and people who would look at pre-ordering for the future could google and those reviews would be there. My review got removed, it was a review of the game first, which got 5 stars, and the delivery was mentioned as people should know as games like this tend to be pre-ordered, it's part of it, especially when it's sold as a g'tee.

They have messed up, it's not weather, you'd expect some delays from places but this seems to be just here, just this game. The other issue is that people who placed their orders months before still are not getting their orders whe people who ordered soon er have. Definately something up.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2010 20:01:40 GMT
Ive expoerienced a non delivery.Today i recieved a Royal Mail "failed delivery" card,which is asking me to pay for the delivery of 1.10 as the sender didnt pay the full postage!!

Ive promptly emailed Amazon with my order number demanding they sort this out. As for the removed reviews about the awful service,thats just shocking

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Dec 2010 16:51:11 GMT
Scott Evil I very much doubt it's Amazon that have underpaid the postage, it's more than likely another delivery.

Amazon like any company that sends a lot of mail will use a system where Royal Mail calculate all their costs and bill them at the end of the month. Paying for each item sepperately is stupid for a company of Amazons size and is only used by very small companies.

Posted on 18 Dec 2010 18:02:01 GMT
Worrying that all the posts have disappeared really. If thats the case.

Personally I used the Blizz digital download for my cata. Although has to be said......Iv played maybe 4-5 hours max since release. Just really lost interest of late, dunno why

Posted on 18 Dec 2010 18:13:30 GMT
Last edited by the author on 18 Dec 2010 18:22:22 GMT
David says:
Amazon really what have you done with all the 130 negative comments were you so ashamed that you had to remove them. If only you had been open and honest with us all. The only thing that was needed was an apology, but no you were not even prepared to do that. I bet once BBC Watchdog gets involved your company will be saying sorry then. I will never buy anything from or related to Amazon in the future and have made sure my friends and family have been told about your appauling service.

Posted on 18 Dec 2010 18:29:25 GMT
This is rather a worrying turn out really. Never had any issues with amazon ever in years of using the site. Not good to see BBC Watchdog involved and negative comments removed.

I came to use amazon after a series of really awful experiences with the morons at PLAY.com. Hoping Amazon aint going same way

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Dec 2010 15:48:51 GMT
"Not good to see BBC Watchdog involved and negative comments removed."

Dan the reason the comments were removed is because people put them in reviews of the game without actually reviewing the game. They basically wrote a review that just slagged off their service, Amazon had every right to remove them as you should be reviewing the game not their service.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xb8f77d68)

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  14 Dec 2010
Latest post:  21 Dec 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD)
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) by Blizzard (Mac OS X, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (129)