SOAP BASE RECIPE:
Before you can make the soap, you need to learn how to make the soap base.
1. To start off, select any type of fat you want to use.
(Olive oil is considered the safest fats to use for making a soap base, as well as being optimal for your skin.)
2. Use 5 grams of olive oil per pound of soap. The other ingredients you require for the soap base are lye and water.
3. Mix the lye into cold water.
4. Stir the mixture so that the ingredients combine well together.
5. Next, add the fats to the lye solution you have made. You need to use 6 ounces per pound of soap.
(Keeping your chosen fat at room temperature prior to adding into the lye solution is recommended, unless you are opting for an extra smooth consistency of soap. In which case proceed with caution as overheating can easily ruin the batch.)
6. Pour it into a soap mold or any container and let it harden up.
Everyday Soap Making
In this book Julie-Anne Walters, a professional soap and candle maker from Hertfordshire, England guides you from beginner to expert in soap making. With her simple step by step approach and instructional pictures anyone can master the art of soap making, for professional or personal purposes. She includes 30 of her bestselling recipes, one for everyday of the month. Here are samples of just a few recipes you can look forward to:
- Coconut Milk Soap
- Cherry Blossom Soap
- Caramel Apple Soap
- Café Latte Soap
- Strawberry Pie Soap
In addition to 30 recipes Julie-Anne also includes a complete beginners guide to making soap, it's history, benefits, packaging to Tips and Tricks and much more. Buy now to learn soap making from a Professional.
About the Author
Julie-Anne Walters is a professional candle and soap maker from Hertfordshire, England. She has over 20 years of experience in the field and prides herself on making candles and soaps from only natural ingredients to the very highest standards. Having run successful classes in candle and soap making in her local town she joined Regent Publishing to bring her craft and best recipes to the world via Amazon.