on 26 March 2013
Was never any good at maths , in fact anything to do with numbers . I must have been one of a significant number of pupils who could never make any sense of it all .This book makes everyday maths interesting .Had a similar kind of book been available when I was a schoolboy I think my understanding (of what I thought at the time was a tedious subject )would have been so much better . A very good book .
on 8 February 2012
My grandson, a thirteen year old loves this book. It's information is easily accessible and understandable. I am happy to recommend it
on 20 November 2015
This is a fabulous book that gives you a nice overview of the building blocks of Maths. It goes into just about the right amount of detail without losing you at any stage. The examples given by the author are well-explained and relevant. Additionally, the author has done a really good job of making the material lighter by injecting some wit and humour into the text.

A very accessible book to read and well recommended for those interested in the everyday use of Maths in everyday lives.
on 24 October 2013
My wife thoroughly enjoyed this, although I doubt it improved her maths greatly but one should never give up, or should they?
on 2 April 2014
I kept borrowing it from the library and incurring fines so I bought my own that says it all I would recommend this book
on 6 August 2014
super book for us adults to revise and help our kids. My child uses it to help him understand his maths homework.
on 8 January 2014
I was very happy with this book. It has really helped me. It is written in a very clear simple style.
on 4 March 2016
This is a great little book for reminding you of some of the maths that you knew, but have become a little rusty at.
The topics are covered clearly, one step at a time, without taking anything for granted with your knowledge.
Some ideas weren't included, i.e. reciprocity and inverse proportion, ( if it takes two men four days to build a wall, how long would it take three men, that type of question ).
The book also has quirky party game tips, of the think-of-a- number style, also how to multiply even if you only know how to double and halve; it is called Russian Peasant Multiplying.
Worth a read.
on 27 June 2011
A very interesting book, which had been recommended to me by a friend in New Zealand. However, if you are a total number-blind person, this is really not the book for you, as you do need a certain amount of good basic maths to understand it. I got mine 'used' but when it came it looked absolutely brand spanking new, so either the pre-owner never read it, or if they did, only to page 2! A real bargain.
on 14 August 2015
good clean book, bought for my mother who is 96 don't really know why she wanted it!