Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 September 2013
And once again I'm swept into Shade's world and I'm left wanting more!
This is number 4 in the Dark Faerie Tale series and wowee is it a gooden!
Ms. Purdy never fails to produce anything short of brilliance.

This story is filled to the brim with adventure with a streak of romance throughout the whole thing.
I wont ruin too much for you as it is a must-read but the beginning was perfectly descriptive, I could actually imagine myself searching for the Summer ancient (I felt slightly like Lara Croft) alongside Shade!
The middle was laced with delicious romance that left you longing for another taste. (And Dylan? Where can I find myself one of those?!)
The ending, ohhh the ending! It was so beautifully heart warming! :')

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this series and have felt that I've watched Shade grow and blossom.
If you've stumbled upon this book and haven't read 1, 2 & 3 I suggest you check them out.

Honestly, I loved it, although I am a tad bias as I love all of Alexia Purdy's work! :) <3
on 15 September 2013
I received a copy from the author for an honest review.
What can I say? Ms. Purdy is a hero of mine in all aspects. Her writing style is addicting to me and she knows how to reel her fans in. Her words flow with ease and you can't help but feel like you are a part of all the action she has her characters a part of. So with much ado, I give you an insight on this great series and the next book in it.
All 4 Ancients must be awake at the same time to bring balance back to the land. But when there is conflict among them, Shade has her work cut out for her. Is she powerful enough to handle what they have in store for her? Does Nautilus cause problems between Shade and Dylan with their relationship? What is Kilara, the Summer Ancient's secret that could cause more chaos within the balance of the world? Can they really defeat the Unseelie army? Which side will Shade go with and will she actually join forces with Arthas? You will have to read this exciting story and find out the answers.
Thank you Ms. Purdy, again, for an epic story that will be one of my favorites and hope others will agree. I love how much Shade has grown thru these series and seeing the ending results of who she has become.
on 29 September 2013
Alexia Purdy
Ever Wrath
A Dark Faerie Tale #4

It feels like such an ending with this book, though I know there is much more to come, all be it in a different form. This series has come so far, and this book is no different, with the characters all becoming part of my life. Shade has grown so much, and I've been there every step of the way, reading all about it. Saying this book is amazing is an understatement, what I will say is if you've read the series, this book will not disappoint and you'll be left wanting to drag it out as it comes towards an end. The best part, I was left remembering all the other books throughout, which only added to my enjoyment.

I received an e-copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.
on 25 February 2016
This series must be read in order. The first book is The Withering Palace. The second book is Evangeline. The third book is Ever Shade. The fourth book is Ever Fire. The fifth book is Ever Winter. The sixth book is The Cursed. This is the seventh book. I can't wait to read History Of Fire!

Shade is still reeling from the death of her mother Jade. It seems like all she has known since finding Faerie is loss of one kind or another. The loss of her humanity. The loss of her simple normal life. The loss of new friends and old. On top of that is the betrayals she has had to deal with. How can she ever trust anyone?! At least she still has her brothers and sister. She would never be able to cope without them! Being engaged to Dylan is also a boon. Between the promise and their blood bond the link between them could not be stronger. Now she just needs to defeat Arthas (the Unseelie Ancient), Aveta (the Unseelie Queen), Evangeline (her evil Aunt who leads the Unseelie Army) and the whole of the Unseelie Army. No pressure. On top of that she must find her ancestress Kilara (the Summer Ancient) and wake her so that they even have a chance of winning. Will she be able to find Kilara in time? Or will all the Wards between Faerie and the human world fall before she has a chance? Can she accomplish everything she has set out to? Or will she fail due to betrayal again? Can she trust Corb? Will they all survive? Will they win?

***This series is suitable for adult readers who enjoy a little horror in their dark fantasy with lots of intrigue, suspense, action, adventure, betrayal and quickly shifting loyalties along with a dash or two of forbidden romance :)
on 25 September 2013
I was so looking forward to reading this book and I wasnt disappointed.
Shade really comes into her own. The final two ancients to be awakened and only a blood descendant can wake the Ancient Summer Seelie Queen.
If you have read other books in this series then this is a must read. I am hoping the author still continues to write books for this series
on 2 December 2013
Lots of action, fast paced events with all the twist and turns and unexpected surprises chucked in the story but also a fantastic conclusion of the series? It was nice that Corr got back his powers and became friends with Shade, that was unexpected. Hope there are more stories about some of the other characters, will definitely read them. Great author who really knows how to tell a story, drawing you in with all the detail that paints a picture you want to keep watching(reading) to find out more .
on 2 May 2014
I liked this book because it finished the Dark Faerie series, which were amazing.

Alexia Purdy is really really talented and a don't put this book down writer.
on 18 March 2014
Absolutely brilliant the story of Shade continues with plenty of action all the way to a happy ending looking forward to reading more of Alexis's works
on 11 December 2013
well brought everything together but did feel it was not as good as the previous books, but was needed to bring all the characters to a closure.
on 5 March 2014
love the serie and will recommend it too all. good characters fast paced action and excellent imagery.welcome to a new world