Ever After High is by the same creators as Monster High (Mattel) and whilst not as big over here in the UK as in the USA or as big in the UK as Monster High it does seem to be gaining momentum and becoming increasingly popular. Like Monster High there are webisodes and I have seen an awful lot of them, both with my nieces who are Ever After and Monster High mad and if I'm honest I've watched a few by myself too as I really quite enjoy them now! The theme tune is extremely catchy so beware if you haven't seen any yet as you'll be humming it for days!

Dexter Charming is one of only 3 male dolls in the Ever After High range at the time of writing this review (Dexter, Alastair Wonderland and Hunter Huntsman). Dexter is the younger brother of Daring Charming and he is the eldest twin of his twin sister Darling Charming. Dexter is a Royal and so is his brother Daring but his sister, Darling is a Rebel. Dexter has enchanting eyes that make girls swoon but this effect is broken when he wears his glasses which he wears a lot. Dexter has a crush on Raven Queen and has been on a few dates with her but he doesn't know that C.A. Cupid secretly has a crush on him. Dexter is quite shy and not as brash as his elder brother and has doubts about his future along with his sister Darling. Dexter is roommates with Hunter Huntsman and is a lovely character willing to help others with their gadgets as he has a knack for technology.

Dexter stands at approx 31cm tall and is very beautifully made. He wears a tank top under his blue checked jacket which has a gold trim around the collar for that extra royal touch. He also has a striped scarf, small golden crown and he is holding his famous glasses alongside a watch on a chain hanging from his trousers. He wears hi-tops with his grey trousers and also comes with a backpack accessory which unfortunately does not open. He comes with the usual doll stand, hair brush and diary and his hair in the box has been flattened under his crown rather than his usual front quiff but this can be pulled out and styled as necessary.

Ever After High is a boarding school where the children of fairytale and fantasy story characters are sent to follow their parents footsteps and embrace the same destiny. The thought is that if they don't then their stories will cease to exist and so will they, however not all of the students are happy with their destiny's. Raven Queen (daughter of the Evil Queen) is one of the students who is not happy with her destiny and has vowed to change her future whilst Apple White (daughter of Snow White) is more than happy to follow her destiny. So the school has been split with those that wish to embrace their future - Royals and those that don't - Rebels. I purchase a lot of these dolls and the Monster High dolls as I purchase them for my three nieces that are mad about them and I also always purchase a doll for my home and so generally I end up buying at least 3 of the same doll and the quality of them each time is brilliant.

Another really excellent high quality Ever After High doll which has been beautifully designed and made and is a good likeness to his character in the webisodes. All of the Ever After High dolls are beautifully made and each of the ones I have bought and have so far (Ashlynn Ella & Hunter Huntsman, Briar Beauty, Apple White, Cedar Wood, Madeline Hatter, Kitty Cheshire, Duchess Swan, Lizzie Hearts, Blondie Locks, Ginger Breadhouse, CA Cupid, Holly & Poppy O'Hair, Alastair Wonderland, Darling Charming, Rosabella Beauty, Faybelle Thorn and Cerise Hood) have been absolutely gorgeous with lots of detailing and Royal Dexter Charming does not disappoint either.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 7 August 2015
A cheaper version of original Dexter Doll, didn't come with his back pack, scarf or spikey hair. The doll's lack of detail compared to the female characters lets it down as it doesn't look much like the character on the show and in pictures. The clothes are nice and it is a solid doll that comes with a stand. One big problem is that the story and packaging are all in spanish and french -NO ENGLISH! Which isn't good if you collect the dolls like my sister does. However she seems to be quite happy with the product overall.
on 7 July 2015
My daughter was very happy with Dexter, she was happy she had him to go with Raven. Like others have said there are not many boy dolls, although they have released another one - Alistair Wonderland but he is a bit pricey. This is the best value I have seen Dexter at, so was pleased my daughter could add this to her growing collection at a price that was not extortinate. Of course delivery from Amazon was unfaltered, so all around a good buy.
on 27 May 2015
When I bought dexter for under 20 pounds I was so happy I'd been looking for him for my daughters and everywere I looked he was over 50 pounds thanks to amazon I got him at a fair price,the doll is a really nice boy doll as there's only two of them, my kids love these and the monster high dolls as each one is different and unique.
on 23 August 2014
Lovely boy doll, not many available in the ever after high range, excellent edition to my daughters collection.
on 26 October 2015
this is the first man in the collection that I have bought for my daughter, I like him, he makes me smile when I see him on the shelf, cute and nice out fit.
on 1 April 2015
My daughter brought this with her birthday money....great value, fast delivery and a lifetime of fun!
on 30 December 2014
Very cool however his glasses need to be put on his face meaning i had to open the box to do so
on 12 February 2015
Great service and great product. The doll arrived on time and I'm very happy with it.
on 10 August 2015
doll is not as shown in pics missing bag and all the little add on bits
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse