Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 7 July 2005
In a world where stories of police work are usually grim and gruesome, it's refreshing to find someone writing about the sometimes hilarious moments of walking a beat. As a cop myself, I can relate to the stories collected by Harry, a 29 year vetran of Strathclyde police. Glasgow humour is at its' best here with anecdotes that never cease to entertain. A gem of writing!
on 6 September 2011
I've picked up a couple of these books now and think they are a great read. For me, I take them with me if I'm commuting or looking to pass the time without getting engaged in a longer read.

The books are built up of short stories ranging from half a page to two/three pages long. I find this gives a good mix of being able to dip in and out as well as being able to sit and read for a good length of time.

The humor is good and I think would be enjoyed by all and not just Scots. Any instances of slang are nothing too tricky to understand.
on 4 November 2011
Very funny simple Glesca humour. A lot of the stories I have heard before so left me wondering just how authentic the rest of them were but a good read nonetheless.
on 26 March 2015
Half of what's in this book is in the other books I've read by the author. I have another one yet to read hope it's better.
on 29 June 2015
A very funny book.It kept my attention right through..I recommend it.
on 25 January 2015
A bit boring but one or funny bits on the whole I would read again.
on 25 June 2016
I have not read it as I did not get it.
on 17 April 2015
Not as funny as I thought it would be.
on 6 September 2014
Rubbish
on 9 April 2015
A compendium of rehashed and very old jokes mixed with somewhat dull anecdotes . Pity - I was hoping for something better.