EUROPAKONZERT 1997 from Paris
Ravel, Le Tombeau de Couperin
Mozart, Piano concerto No. 13 in C major, KV 415
Beethoven, Symphony no. 3 E-flat major op.55 ("Eroica")Berliner Philharmoniker | Daniel Barenboim
, conductor & soloist
From the Opéra du Château de Versailles, 1997
Picture format BD:
- The founding of the Berliner Philharmoniker on the first of May in 1882 is annually celebrated with a concert in a European city of cultural significance. For this newly released EUROPAKONZERT Blu-ray Disc all recordings were lovingly restored and converted to High Definition video.
- Daniel Barenboim performs here as both conductor and soloist on the piano.
- 1997 The concert takes place at the spectacular Palace of Versailles in Paris , center of French political power until the French Revolution and famous backdrop for movies as Midnight in Paris, Dangerous Liasons and Jeffernson in Paris.
- Soloist –Conductor Daniel Barenboim is a multi Grammy Award winner.
- Each movement of Ravel's "Tombeau" is dedicated to one of his friends, who died in WW I.
- Mozart's piano concerto was the third in his series of three subscription concertos.
- Beethoven's 3rd Symphony was originally dedicated to Napoleon, which was later changed by Beethoven himself, showing his disappointment over Napoleon's self-proclamation as Emperor.
- BD is enhanced by an enticing documentary about the musical life in Paris.
60i - 16:9 - Documentary: SD NTSCDisc Format:
BD 25Sounds formats BD:
PCM Stereo, DTS-HD Master Audio Region code:
All Booklet notes:
English, German, FrenchLanguage (Documentary):
English, FrenchRunning time:
97 mins Concert, 19 mins DocumentaryFSK: