on 18 July 2013
I got this to use with a SainSmart MEGA2560. It is a no-name board, but it looks well made and fitted easily on top of the MEGA2560. But it didn't work. After some head scratching wondering what I might be doing wrong, I realised that the problem was that the SPI header pins on the MEGA2560 were not making good contact with the socket on the Ethernet shield - the socket only partially absorbs the pins. I cut a bit off the length of the pins on the Ethernet shield, as there was plenty of headroom, and it was then fine.

It works well with the standard Ethernet and SD Card libraries, and can be used as a client (e.g., to get the time by NTP) or server (e.g., to pick up sensor readings remotely), so it certainly expands greatly what you can do with an Arduino type processor board. It is a pity that genuine Arduino Ethernet shields are so expensive - you could buy a Raspberry Pi cheaper and get a lot more than an Ethernet interface and an SD Card slot. But the price of this board makes it a reasonable proposition.
on 15 October 2013
This was one of the quickest deliveries I have received from China. Board looks well-constructed; solder joints are neat. Have not yet tested SD function, but Ethernet communication is reliable. The board has been powered up for over a week now with no issues.

Update: Have now had this connected to the web for nearly two months now and have only had to reset once. I am using it for remote control of a home automation system. I have now used the SD function as a file server and have had no (programmer unrelated ;) issues, but still early days.
on 23 February 2015
Works well and fits onto the Mega, there is always a "However" in there, I was using the thru put pins for temperature sensing and they drag the analogue signal down, simple to resolve, move the sensor to a different pin set, a slight bind but easy to rectify.
on 21 November 2014
very good
on 24 September 2013
It took ages to come and I didn't realize just how long when I bought it. Amazon should highlight orders that are going to take longer than a week to come!I realized within a couple of days and ordered another product at around twice the price from Amazon which came in a couple of days and that one works just fine.

B007VWETZC

The problem with this is that it has at least one intermittent connection and the Wiznet W5100 controller has some solder bridges shorting several of the pins together. One row of pins that plug into the Netduino is soldered in at an angle and makes plugging the two together tricky. My advise is spend the extra and get a better quality product. This one is going in the drawer pending the bin.
on 18 September 2013
I suppose I should have guessed from the price that there was a catch. I ordered this item on the 17th September and have just been informed that it will not be delivered until the 16th of October! I can only assume that its coming from the far east and not the UK. If this is the way Amazon are going there should be a warning that there is a protracted delivery time on the item i.e. a month. I have no idea of course if it's any good or not and by the time it arrives I will have ordered another Ethernet shield elsewhere and used that one instead.