From the Back Cover
"This is a student friendly, concise and clear textbook for non-law students." Dr. Orkun Akseli, Newcastle University Law School
Building on the success of the first edition, this new edition of Essentials of Business Law continues to provide a lively account of the law as it applies to business courses and related programmes. The text has been updated with the most recent cases and legislation and covers:
- The Companies Act 2006
- The Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007
- The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, which have replaced the Trade Descriptions Act 1968 and several other statutes
Diagrams, flowcharts and scenarios firmly locate the law in the real world, ensuring this introductory text explains the sometimes complex legal processes in an easy to understand manner.
Learning support features to aid your understanding include:
- A study skills section specifically designed to help you develop legal skills as soon as you begin your studies
- A summary of essential points at the end of each chapter to help you to identify and focus on the key points in each topic
- A glossary of legal terms that explains technical language in a straightforward way, ensuring that you can follow and understand the text immediately
- End-of-chapter practice questions and tasks to provide you with the opportunity to practise applying legal rules to exam-style problem questions
- Coverage of contemporary cases and topical issues to highlight the relevance of the law to everyday life
The second edition is suitable for use on short or introductory courses where students are looking to equip themselves with an understanding of the essential topics. The text also satisfies the business law requirements of the CIMA, ACCA and AAT and is also suitable for students studying at HND/C level.
Ewan MacIntyre is a Senior Lecturer in Law at Nottingham Law School, and has extensive experience of teaching business law. He is the author of the successful textbook, Business Law, and of Law Express: Business Law both published by Longman.