Format: Audio CD|Change

Summer is here and what better to listen to than some reggae when you're having your barbecue. I don't know why but I always think of jazz when the nights are hot and steamy, and reggae for barbecues as background music. This double cd album contains 42 of some great reggae commercial hits and anthems. Listen to that fat bass beat and put the barbie on, and open up a can. If you like reggae you can't really go wrong with this album.
on 28 July 2009
Recommend this CD to any1 & every1, I love it so much I have it playing when I'm using my laptop, which is quite a lot of the time. It's really varied in types of reggae, i.e. Dawn Penn, 'You don't love me (no no no), to Byron Lee & the Dragonaires, 'Cherry oh Baby'. Well worth the money. This CD is also great to do the housework to!
on 27 July 2013
Yeah, I was seriously underwhelmed by this compilation. The reviews made it sound like it was going to deliver. It does not. Yes, I had a number of the better tracks already on albums or other compilations. I hoped some of the tracks I had not previously heard would be quality. They are not. Reggae is not homogenous and a good compilation requires crafting to put together style and delivery. This CD seems a random putting together of rough, smooth, well known and rare non-entities. So it is annoying to listen to through in its entirety and only found one track, the first to put on the iPod. Be warned, these are only 42 reggae classics in the brain of whoever put this together.
on 29 January 2010
For me a must have obviously some of the tracks are on other albums but others aren't and it is worth the cost for these tracks, in particular "My Girl Josephine" a favourite of mine.
on 11 August 2013
I love this play it a lot always been into reggae great tracks take me back years. Brill love it
on 22 June 2013
Relatively good buy. CD one a little commercial and British, but CD was more in taste with my Jamaican liking. Good CD for those who not into hard-core reggae.
on 14 October 2013
There are some old reggae songs on this CD and I really enjoy listening to them as they will never date
on 19 April 2015
A great mix of well known reggae tracks. Bass good and all tracks easy listening.
on 11 April 2016
Great album. Will be one I play loads in the summer in the garden
on 10 May 2015
Great reggae classics. Easy listening. Brings back good memories. Love this genre of music and these are some of the popular tunes for popular people. Love it.