From the Back Cover
With Flash 4's slick, fast-loading vector graphics and animation, you can transcend the limits of HTML, building sites as hot as your imagination! Now, learn Flash 4 in a flash from a professional Web designer-through real-world projects you can view live on a linked website! Start with the basics, then master every key technique, from animation through navigation, interactivity through building a complete opening sequence. Best of all, the projects are linked to a live website where you can see (and download) each Flash effect, in each stage of completion. It's all the guidance you'll need-every step of the way!
You'll learn all this, and much more!
- Flash basics: Drawing and modifying text and shapes
- Texture fills, transparency, and imported graphics
- Animation: Timelines, frames, tweening, fading, transitions, and more
- Interactivity, including symbols, buttons, actions, sound effects, and forms
- Fine-tuning your graphics with advanced techniques
- Building animated opening sequences, step-by-step!
- Publishing to the Web: pre-loading, plug-in detection, and server settings
Look to Essential Books for ALL the Web Skills You Need!
All these books share the same great format, and the same dynamic website...so once you've used one, learning from the others is a piece of cake!
- Essential CSS and DHTML for Web Programmers
- Essential PERL 5 for Web Programmers
- Essential Photoshop® for Web Designers
- With more to come, including Essential ASP for Web Professionals and Essential JSP for Web Professionals
About the Author
Lynn Kyle is President and Founder of Ricochet Associates, Los Alamos, NM. Ricochet's Web clients have included DeBeers, Pfizer, and Lloyd's of London.