on 28 August 2013
This is a fantastic book detailing many interesting facts about the wildlife you will see on Safari in Kenya and Tanzania. The photos have all been taken by the authors and their friends to give you a realistic insight into what animals you will expect to see on safari. The book also gives helpful tips about traveling in East Africa and I would definitely pack a copy in my suitcase! All proceeds from sales of this book go straight to the Meserani Project, a registered charity that has helped children in Kenya and Tanzania by building schools and providing equipment for the classrooms. This ensures a brighter academic future for the children. It is a fantastic cause and purchasing this book will help pay for a child's education.
on 10 June 2013
Although I have visited East Africa several times working on behalf of a charity, I always take time to go on safari. I bought this book after reading some of the reviews in my local newspaper, and I have not been disappointed - Chris Packham wrote the forward, and he can't be wrong, can he! I am back in Tanzania later this year, and can't wait for my visit to Tarangire and Ngorongoro - the book has already increased my knowledge and enthusiasm levels, and I know now that I will understand so much more about what I see. However, as someone who understands the poverty and desperation behind the lives of so many young children in East Africa - I have seen it for real in my work over there - buying this book was such a pleasure because of the commitment of the authors to donate all their profits to an African charity - read the section about the charity (The Meserani Project), and visit their website - it will make you cry. The book is excellent value (more than 400 pages and 200 pictures), and it is money well spent.
on 31 August 2013
This is an absolutely amazing book! It makes for easy and informative reading, complemented with fantastic photographs of wildlife that one would hope to encounter whilst on safari. Until we are fortunate to embark upon a safari then this book will be a substitute and prepare us for our adventure, and it will certainly be travelling with us when we do!
It is a credit to the authors as it is composed of factual and interesting information, enhanced by quality, glorious images of various creatures, in addition to its' sales fund raising for children to access education due to the Acklam Grange School Mesarani Project. Fabulous! We would recommend this without any hesitation whatsoever.
on 9 August 2013
I purchased this book for my son who was going on safari and it's exactly what is says it is - "essential" it's very well written, full of fantastic tips and facts and the pictures bring the whole safari experience to life. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone going to Africa or even anyone interested in knowing more about Africa. Loved the section on the Meserani Project and after reading that and visiting the project website I was so pleased the proceeds of the book are being used for such a good cause. Buy this book and help the project as well as giving yourself an informative, interesting read.
on 11 August 2013
This book has been lovingly created from the authors' personal life experiences of Kenya and Tanzania and is not your typical mass produced travel guide. A fascinating read for anyone planning on travelling to these areas, it contains a wealth of information and beautiful photographs. You don't have to be going on safari to buy it, but if you are, it is an essential piece of kit.

With all proceeds from the sale of the book going to the Meserani Project (which is detailed in the book), you also feel that you are making a difference to the children's lives there.

Highly recommended!
on 14 May 2013
This is a must have book for anyone going on a safari.
It gives fascinating detail and facts about the animals which you will encounter and provides other essential information about the overall wildlife habitat.
It will be next to my camera in my rucksack.
on 24 June 2013
This is an excellent guide for those lucky enough to be going to Africa and for those who are not so fortunate, the quality of the photographs and decriptions make you feel that you have been there and experienced the wonders of this country. This guide also has the bonus of the proceeds going to help the project set up by the authors and the students of Acklam Grange School. This project supports the education of students in Africa and also in educating our students in the realisation of how fortunate we are and how much we take for granted.
on 9 August 2013
I was lucky enough to have been bought this book for my birthday.From the first page to the last it is so informative,it gives so much reference from clothes to wear, to first aid and lots more.The photographs are fantastic. My husband and I do plan on going on a Safari one day, so will definitely be taking this book along as a very helpful guide. It is also inspiring to know that all proceeds from the sale of these books go directly back to the Charity that the Authors run. The Meserani Project.
on 10 August 2013
Whether you are planning a trip to Africa or not, this book is full of interesting facts. The author obviously knows Africa well and her tips would be extremely useful to 'beginners' and 'returning' visitors to Africa. It is wonderful to see all of the amazing wildlife alongside the people and culture. The Meserani Project seems to have had an amazing impact on the children of Africa as well as on the children from the English School at the core of this project.
on 30 October 2013
This user-friendly guide is perfect for anyone planning to visit Eastern Africa or for anyone who merely wants to find out more about this fascinating part of the world. What sets this book apart from other guides is that the enthusiasm of the authors permeates throughout the entire book. When I first started to read it, I couldn't put it down. As soon as I had finished reading it, I ordered another copy as a present for friends, who were about to visit Kenya. They found it the most helpful guide they had read and a perfect size to take with them on safari. This book will appeal to adults and young people, with it's easy-to-read text, beautiful illustrations, interesting facts about the wildlife and fascinating insight into the Maasai culture. All potential travellers will benefit greatly from the authors' insider tips based on their own personal experiences. Finally, anyone who buys this book is helping to support deprived schools and children in Kenya and Tanzania, as all profits go to The Meserani Project, a registered charity.