M.C. Escher needs no introduction. Or if you prefer, you can read him up on wikipedia or visit his official website. He's the guy responsible for creating amazing illustrations using optical illusions.

This small book is a neat package containing his well known works as well as the less public ones. There's an introduction by M.C. Escher himself. All the illustration are captioned to explain the ideas behind.

Visit my Amazon profile for other reviews.
on 4 June 2014
This book was far larger than I thought it would be. Large glossy pages, beautifully presented. The book came still wrapped in plastic. I'm very happy with my purchase.
on 29 December 2013
Another purchase for my wife to help her with a Fine Arts Degree she is working on; she finds it interesting and well worth the price paid. First class book.
on 7 April 2013
I bought this mainly to introduce my children to Escher and his work. We are all impressed, the kids with Escher, me with the quality of the book.
on 10 November 2015
Just Received the book. I love his work and I am so glad to get this but...it is in German! I didn't realised that this was the format.
on 30 June 2013
Great book, loved the art work and explanations. Would recommend to anyone knowing this artists work. Great purchase and enjoyed
on 15 January 2016
A good book in sum, but poorly laid out. The description to most of the art is laid out in the earlier paged almost like a dictionary. The graphics then follow after. Overall it makes it harder to read and looks dated, in a bad way. The pieces included are good.
on 18 July 2014
I have NO idea how this man created these stunning pictures, but they are fascinating. Some are well known, others less so, and some are more effective than others in their " wow " factor. A lovely book though.
on 5 August 2015
Quick delivery and arrived with plastic wrapping. Large pages filled with images. Descriptions in one section at beginning of book rather than beside each image. Great value for money.
on 6 January 2013
A superb collection of Escher's genius - all in one place! Fans will recognise his classic, well known works but there are plenty of 'unseen before' items in this.