Kyle Keeley loves games, especially those created by Mr. Lemoncello. He’s less excited by books and the new library that is opening in town even though his town has been without a library for 12 years. In fact, he’s completely blown off the contest that allows 12 twelve-year-olds early access to the library – until he learns that Mr. Lemoncello has put up the funds for the new library.

When Kyle and a couple of friends make the final cut for the preview, he is thrilled. However, their overnight lock in takes an unexpected twist when they learn the next morning they are still locked in to the library. If they can figure out clues hidden all over the library, they will win this unexpected contest. But will they find the escape route the clues lead them to before the deadline?

I’d heard nothing but great things about this book, and the praise was right. The set up took a bit more time than I would have liked, but once the contest started, the book was hard to put down. We are given the clues as Kyle and the other kids are, so we can possibly solve the riddles along with them. Personally, I didn’t spend much time trying and just let the characters solve it. Have I mentioned how bad I am with puzzles like that? Even so, I enjoyed watching how everything unfolded. The characters are fun as well, and make the entire book so enjoyable.

If you’ve missed this book, don’t continue making my mistake. Pick up the book and enjoy the fun escape now.
on 12 April 2015
Good

i have never read a book as good as it . Once i had read it i wished it was mot done i was sooooooooo into it . I wish he wrote more for childeren . I went straight to buying the island of dr libris wich is by the same author of this book . it was soooooo good as well but not as good as this one .

Bad

if they are going to be as good as this thn he has to write more and make them lots longer . Even though it was quite long .I wish they never ended and the auther could write as quike as a flash then there ould be lots to read and i would never run out of books .

Other

If you loved this book i would recomend the island of dr libris . it is realy good aswell .
on 4 November 2014
I absolutely enjoyed this book
I would recommend it to anyone 8+

Cool Cool Super Super Excellent Excellent Good Good
on 25 March 2014
Loved this book and just know the children in my school will love it.
I think they'll be fighting over who reads it first!
on 24 January 2014
Bought for 12 year old grandchild - he says its's his favourite book ever! Can't wait to read next chapter each day!
on 6 December 2015
This is a really good book, I would recommend it to anyone that likes "The Candymakers" by Wendy Mass.
on 2 February 2015
Whether old or young this book is so much fun. Incredibly inventive. What an imagination.
on 2 December 2015
Very nice book for teens and adults alike!