Upon my newest requirement of a printer I began searching the internet, and as my past printers were epson I began with this company's sells. I came across the D88 and checked the reviews and integrity of the machine, and all I could see was thumbs up.
The following positive remarks jumped into my head when I set the printer up:
1. Easy-for-dummies setup instructions.
2. Induvidual colours for printer cartidges (How many of you have owned a bulky printer that took one cartidge for all the colours, and when one resevior ran out all the colours refused to work - But with this setup its easily replacable with CHEAP cartidges). A box set is on sale for about 13 pounds?
3. USB or Scart plug - Old style or new... With USB cables and extensions selling at 1p!
4. Easily adjustable paper feed
5. Works at a quiet pace compared to the Stylus Photo 790.
6. Prints quickly on plain paper, 30 seconds on Epson Premium Glossy Paper.
7. After 20 photo printous and a first-time installation, the original ink cartidges still have enough ink to perhaps print at least 200 more.
8. It is simple and easy to adjust quality, size and type of media to be used.
9. Software disk includes a program for viewing digital photos and priting webpages.
10. Grey matches my black colour-schemed computer.
11. Pictures are printed at amazing quality.
12. Free online registration.
13. Includes tips on how to extend the lifetime of the printer...
On the down side it doesn't beat the Laser Printer, but pricewise stick to bargains like these - They'll print out photos close enough quality to laser!