- Boxed-product Weight: 1.2 Kg
- Delivery Destinations: Visit the Delivery Destinations Help page to see where this item can be delivered.
Find out more about our Delivery Rates and Returns Policy
- Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
- Item model number: BT-200
- ASIN: B00L3340E0
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 1 Jun. 2014
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (5 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 85,726 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
Epson Moverio BT-200 Augmented Reality Android Smart Glasses
- Ideal for developers - powered by the open-source Android OS
- Augmented reality - merging the real and digital world - with built-in camera, gyroscope, GPS and more
- Watch a high-quality, large perceived image of up to 320 inches in qHD resolution across your entire field of vision, with the ability to enjoy side-by-side 3D content
- Impressive specs - 1.2GHz dual core processor, 1GB RAM, and Dolby Digital Plus sound drive the action, and the Moverio's battery life of up to six hours means you can watch, play and browse for longer
- Large storage - 8GB internal memory, with space for another 32GB via SD card, means there is plenty of storage for apps, films and more.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Epson AR/3D Glasses
Inner frame for optical lenses
Intraauricular earphone with microphone
2x Shade (light and dark)
From the Manufacturer
Unlock the Potential of Augmented Reality
Take a fresh look at films, games and apps with the Moverio BT-200. Packed with powerful technology, these Android powered, binocular, see-through smart glasses enable you to enjoy HD or 3D content and unlock the potential of Augmented Reality apps — at home, at work or on the move.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0 and Miracast connectivity.
- Flexible platform - Powered by the open-source Android OS.
- Built-in sensors including a camera, gyroscope, GPS, accelerometer, compass and microphone.
- 1.2 GHz dual core processor and 1 GB RAM.
- Battery life of up to six hours.
- Dolby Digital Plus immerses users in cinematic surround sound.
- Watch side-by-side 3D content.
The Moverio’s built-in camera, gyroscope, GPS and other sensors allow software to understand your movements and surroundings to drive helpful and user experiences like never before. Building on the success of the BT-100, the BT-200 is 60 per cent lighter*, half the size and more comfortable. The pocket-sized control unit, featuring a multi-touch trackpad, makes it easy to take control.
*Weight does not include cable.
The BT-200 runs on Android, giving you the ability to access loads of apps through the Moverio Apps, driven by a strong developer community. Developers can use the Standard Android SDK to build apps or adapt existing ones to this device.
Watch a high-quality, large perceived image of up to 320 inches in qHD resolution across your entire field of vision, with the ability to enjoy side-by-side 3D content. Increased brightness makes it even easier to see content in light environments. A wide variety of connectivity choices, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0 and Miracast, make it possible to connect and utilise smart devices, surf the web or even stream video content.
This compact head-mounted display packs a powerful punch thanks to its specs. A 1.2 GHz dual core processor, 1GB RAM and Dolby Digital Plus sound drive the action and the Moverio’s battery life of up to six hours means you can watch, play and browse for longer. A large 8 GB internal memory, with space for another 32 GB via SD card, means there is plenty of storage for apps, films and more.
Hands-Free Augmented Reality merging with the Real and Digital World
AR enhances our perception of reality by augmenting the physical, real world with computer-generated sensory input such as video, graphics, sound or GPS data.
From displaying directions and helpful tips right in front of a user's eyes when exploring a new city, to translating signs written in a foreign language or for gaming where the world surrounding you becomes the playground, the possibilities for AR are nearly endless.
Thanks to its binocular see-through display and its large floating screen, centred in your field of view, the Moverio BT-200 truly unlocks the potential of augmented reality providing you with a hands-free experience.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The glasses take about 5 hours to charge so it was late last night before I started the tedious and incredibly frustrating process of trying to set the glasses up. Typing in using the touchpad is painful to say the least. This, in my experience, is typical of Epson.... great ideas and quality technology appallingly badly executed.
Although the glasses use an older version of Android, there is no access to the Google store. This means that apps have to be side-loaded. The app of interest for me is the DJI Phantom App. Apparently this available on the Mover store but try as I might, I could not create an account. I kept getting a message telling me that my password was in the wrong format! I have STILL not resolved this problem.
Instead I found a brilliant page which will walk you through installation of the Phantom app. the link is as follows:
However, before you can do anything you need to connect to your WIFI network and then set up your email address. As I said, be ready for a tedious and painful process that took an age because of just how bad it is to type using the touchpad.
I have now installed the app and it is all working great. I am sure that the glasses will be brilliant to fly with. I cannot comment on the use of these glasses for other applications. They have the feel of a work in progress rather than a finished product.
I would recommend them if you are a dedicated Phantom pilot but regard them as expensive. However, in my experience you will need to live with this as Epson are a greedy company (see my review of the Epson A2 photo printer!)