on 19 April 2014
There seem to be reviews in this list for radically different machines. This is for the LW-400.

A perfectly serviceable hand held, all-in-one unit. For a little more than the LW-300 you get a much, much better display with back-light (important!), wider labels if you want them, also bar-code, wire-wrap and ‘flag’ printing.

For this price-point you don’t get a WYSIWYG display. It’s particularly inconvenient when trying to use the ‘GREEK’ symbols, which are correct on the screen but sometimes pants when printed; characters from other fonts are substituted which, whilst you can tell what’s meant, just aren’t right. Consider the LW-600 if you already have an iPhone or Android device to compose the label, and you don’t mind working that way, it’s good - though admittedly something like twice the price.

The price of EPSON replacement label tape cartridges for all the LW range is just shocking - currently something like 2 UKP per meter - even a modest stock of colours and widths will cost far more than the printer. More shockingly, other manufacturers charge around the same for their tape. If it helps, I have found non-epson cartridges work just as well and are available at around a third of that price from many popular online stores/auction sites.
on 22 August 2013
Disclosure up front: I work for Epson. This is however my personal opinion about this product. I needed labels that would stick, wouldn't fade or rub off and withstand frost, rain and heat. After seeing this nifty little machine at work, I decided to get one myself. It is easy to use, the cartridges are quickly exchanged with no wastage and it comes with a proper printer driver for both Macs and PCs, so you can print to it from any program that supports printing. In most cases the provided Label Editor software is more than adequate for the day-to-day labelling. There is a wide range of tapes for all purposes available, from 6mm (which I use to label Mini-DV tapes) to 36mm width and a selection of colours. It even cuts round corners for those labels that should never come off. This is not a flimsy consumer unit but a well designed and solid built industrial strength product. Highly recommended.
on 16 August 2012
Takes a little working out to use all the options, but it's very good and does its job well. Runs on batteries as well as mains, but needs 6 AA batteries. Terrific value from this supplier.
Does what it says on the box. Supplied with a yellow and a white tape - these are pricy bought as refills, but there isn't a lot of wasted space when you print a label out - Expect, from Epson, a quality build - it is a well made item.
on 17 October 2013
I wanted a label printer that came supplied with a mains adapter so I didn't have the battery flat issue when I have not used the printer after some months. I got what I needed and next day delivery.
on 9 October 2013
This is the first label printer I've owned and I love it. Lots of options for font size etc and the frame function is fab. I've gone labelling mad!!
on 23 April 2014
Much neater than the old label printers that pressed the letters into plastic. Very clear and so many styles too.
on 9 November 2013
glad that I have brought this label printer it is so usefull easy to use will buy again as a present
on 5 June 2015
I love this label machine but the instructions are awful. If you're willing to play about, waste a bit of tape and take some time, you can create some super labels. I wouldn't be without it.
on 3 January 2015
Great item. Superb service.