Epson - what can I say - this is a brilliant bit of kit. I have a 120" standard white screen (compromise between the grey type for more blacks (when have average contrast ratio projector which this is) or the high reflective screen - which you wont need as this 2300 Ansi is plenty. I have a light walled, ceiling and large cream curtains and it still looks bright with OK blacks and in 3D mode with the £70 active glasses (yes each) the intensity is still good with phenomenal 3D depth - far better than I have seen at the pictures with passive glasses. I think two are free with this but check. I have used this for a wedding reception in a massive Conservatory still in partial daylight and was clear with a comment from the wedding planner / host that its the best projector he has seen be used and asked if I would consider hiring it out. For the money - this is the optimum one for cost versus performance - another £800 will get you maybe 100Ansi more (Epson 9000) but agreed better contrast ratio. I've had this two years now, no issues, easy to set up good quality definition and features, no perceived latency, graining, parallax, distortions. I have mine ceiling mounted and is now the talk of my friends and family - I cant get rid of them! Cooling fan not too noisy, Movies, sport gaming all brilliant. 3D is the best feature of this. Just need to update my 500+100Watt RMS sound system to do it justice! Paid £1k for my white version, not sure why the black is cheaper than the white but even at £1500 now this is still an excellent buy. You'll pay for this off in 20-30 movies not going to the rip off cinema anyway - and you get to have a beer and the best seat in the house at home! - just be patient for the Blu rays to come out. I run from a 10 meter HDMI cable and 3d still works fine. it also outo offs the Blu ray player when turn off the Projector. Don't waste your money on a 60" Plasma / LED TV - GET THIS...
on 30 May 2014
Originally, I was looking at the 4K TVs but I never found what I am looking for in terms of quality and money worth. Since the TV broadcasting doesn't match 4k production and blu rays are not just good enough to see all the details. I don't want to buy a TV just to see my high res photos, so conclusion was a PROJECTOR. After digging Amazon and youtube reviews, I found what I was looking for. I now have a 105" across wide screen to show me all the details you see in the cinemas. Perfect, perfect and well simply perfect..! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
on 12 January 2014
I am running this projector on a 86 inch screen it is bright, sharp and looks as good as a TV 5 times more expensive. It has lots of adjustment making it very easy to set up.