on 21 July 2012
We purchased this projector for our local U3A for use at our monthly meetings.
It is very clear even in a bright hall and by using the USB cable to attach a computer
the remote control becomes a very useful tool.

Having reviewed many projectors before our purchase I was pleasantly surprised at the
value for money this purchase was.

We use it mainly for still photographs and have found the projected image virtually indistinguishable
from that on the computer screen. All colours faithfully reproduced.

I would recommend this projector for any photographic club.
on 21 December 2012
Bought this for staff training to groups greater than 10. Have had the EB-X14 in use for all day training sessions for the last 5 days. Excellent brightness and definition/detail. Quiet. Works well in daylight. Comes with USB and Serial leads for computer connection and remote console which contains a screen pointer - need to install the software and connect using the USB to use the remote. Lens contains a protective cover which slides over when not in use. All very easy to set up and use first time. Delivered promptly by Amazon. First class and excellent value for money for a 3000 Lumens, LCD/XGA projector.
on 5 February 2014
The charity I help out with (MKU3A) had a very old projector that was no longer fully fit for use. I run a photography group for them and wanted a projector that could give excellent image quality but could be used by other groups that did not have the technical knowledges to use the old one efficiently.

Nowadays, you can't walk into a shop and pick up a projector so I relied on on-line reviews. The Epson EB-W12 seemed to fit the bill and I persuaded the charity to buy one.

It took no time to get it up and running and exceeded all my expectations. It has been used to show images in a small room with very large windows, which had defeated the old one. It has also been used in a church hall with up to 100 people.

The varied inputs has allowed it to be used with a laptop and also a USB stick. I'd like to use it with a tablet but I need to experiment with suitable adaptors.

The only downside I have found is that if you are using it connected via USB to a laptop the sound is fed through the rather poor tinny speaker inside the projector. This was not enough to enable a group of 50 to hear properly and it disabled the Output from the laptop external speakers. I could get the sound to work by using a standard D type lead from the computer, but this stopped the projector remote to change slides.

Overall, it is a lovely small and light unit compared with the big heavy old machine we had.
on 5 April 2013
I got it a month back it more than my expectation, I spend 287 GBP I am very happy with the display, I am using for giving presantations and watching movies, I a mvery happy, it works very well with lights on or off lot of options for setting the display, I dont know about the lamp life, but I am more than happy as it works as of now.

Ravi
on 9 December 2013
Absolutely fantastic. You said as new. In fact it was brand new. The only difference being the outer box. All contents and internal packing were new. It is a really good projector and the colour rendering in particular is excellent. I thought I was being a little extravagant but I am really glad that I bought it.
on 23 February 2013
All it said it was. Light, easy to use, great picture quality, Very handy having a quick warm up and cool down. Horizontal as well as vertical keystone adjustment very useful. Have encountered no problems so can recommend it.
on 8 February 2013
I bought this projector on account of the its Type A USB capacity. In other words I can put in a memory stick (or card + reader) and show my pictures directly and dont need to buy a laptop in addition.
Does exactly what I want and very well too. It is robust and compact and produces a strong image.

I also use it for playing DVD movies and camcorder film. Great - though external speakers are needed for amplification.

Delighted with it.
on 16 February 2013
Excellent purchase. Light to transport. Like white colour as well. Easy to set up and use with laptop or USB
on 14 June 2013
I'm a fan of Epson products otherwise my rating would be lower. This would be a very good projector if It did not have a cyan colour cast across the centre of the protected area. Not very good if you are showing photographs and giving talks on colour management. Epson replaced my first projector, the second was the same. The projector is also noisy and gets very hot around the lamb area. Other then these three main issues, nice styling and easy to use, but due to the colour cast not worth buying.
on 2 October 2012
This is pretty good as far as SVGA projectors go. The only downside, and perhaps I'm being a little harsh, but it does not have an HDMI port. I know it's not HD, but it would have been useful for connecting some of my devices. It does have a lot of connections although I can't imagine ever using the s-video connector or the component, I would have happily seen both dropped for HDMI, and hence it loses a star.

The reason I bought this is that I needed a projector that worked well in day-light, as my LED projectors do not work so well in a well-lit room. It is clearly much brighter than an LED projector and so is perfect for it's intended purpose. The other reason for buying it was that it was one of the few projectors to explicitly stated it would display content directly from a USB flash drive. Again no complaints on this front, although I have not tried MS office files, but jpegs seem to display fine (tiff files would not).

See one answered question