Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 Nov 2012 17:23:06 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Nov 2012 17:24:24 GMT
I can't believe Disney is making Star Wars Episode 7, 8, and 9.

My whole life I've been a really big fan of anything Star Wars however, I think now Disney has its claws into it, the franchise could end really badly.

The original Star Wars trilogy was ground breaking with its originality, Episode 1, 2, and 3 filled in the Gaps and Episodes 7, 8, and 9 would end the story.

Originally 9 Star Wars Stories was written for the movies, each director added slightly different ideas to Episodes 1 to 3 which I did enjoy HOWEVER, Disney are completely rewriting Episodes 7 to 9, This could be suicide for the whole Star Wars franchise.

I don't think Disney should be allowed to continue the Star Wars series, I don't mean the cartoon series because I couldn't care less about that rubbish, I mean the film collection.

Surely I'm not the only person who thinks this.

Posted on 25 Nov 2012 07:45:35 GMT
George Lucas wrote the treatments for 7, 8 and 9, and maybe even more. And he'll also be a consultant throughout the making of them. So it'll still be the Star Wars we all know. Disney won't risk losing fans as they have a hefty chunk of money to make back.
Disney also own Marvel, and that seems to be doing better than ever, so I don't think you should worry.
They've also just recruited the writer of Empire Strikes back, Lawrence Kasdan, to work on the films. And the original cast - Hammil, Ford, Fisher etc are likely to be involved. So it's all fitting together nicely. I'm definitely excited at the possibilities, the most I've been excited about Star Wars since the anticipation of the prequels. We were let down with them, but this will be better.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jan 2013 11:47:19 GMT
John Adams says:
As Stephen has pointed out, Disney actually have a pretty good record of letting the studios they buy get on with doing what they are best at without spoiling it. For example, Pixar and Marvel Studios.

I for one am relieved that it's somewhat out of George Lucas's hands. I think that gives the best chance of three great movies being made rather than three confused messes.

Posted on 12 Nov 2013 21:57:20 GMT
After seeing George Lucas butcher the whole serie with special edition after special edition I am not sure any other franschise of the series or reboot or whatever will have any effect on the series anyway. I was a hugew fan of the series....but after this much chopping in the films I keep faithfull to the original episodes....
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  11 Nov 2012
Latest post:  12 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about