on 8 January 2013
I read book 1 just before christmas and was instantly hooked, I have been reading Sci-Fi for over
30 years now and must say this ranks pretty well with the established writers.
Have now read all books up to book 5 and wait eagerly for book 6.
If you are new to Sci-Fi and looking for a way to ease in gently then this is good series of books to
start with.
on 20 October 2013
I brought this for my holidays having exhausted the supply of my usual Star Trek and Stargate novels. I have brought a couple on non mainstream sci fi books before and have been lucky in my choices. This series has surpassed any I have previously read. It is a good length and not over in a couple of hours like some cheaper books are.
It is well written and not littered with spelling mistakes. The story itself is excellently written retaining interest and having a number of unexpected twists along the way non of which ventured into the realm of the ridiculous. Indeed at some points I had to resist a strong urge to peek ahead to find the outcome of a particular storyline.
I only usually read when on holiday or working away from home, but on my return home I had to continue until I had read all episode so far published.
on 6 February 2013
I now know the characters and want to know how they deal with the the challenges they face. That said I now expect them to achieve the impossible all the time. A great light sci fill read leaving me wanting to read the next episode.
on 4 March 2014
good story but the predictable loose old space ship commander so spotty kid takes over, don't no how many books I have read recently with that scenario. like most writers has not worked out how fights in space will work, jumping around would not work in reality. If space ships can jump about why can't missiles. Strange people from a diaspora always come to rescue. The ship board customs will not be those of an aquatic navy, so more thought needs to go into the special needs of space. Submarines have always worked in a 3D world I am always surprised that writers haven't explored this more, to some extent Ryk has started to address this. A good yarn to listen to in bed.
on 15 February 2013
The only complain I have about the series is the books finish too quickly and that now after having read the first 5 books back to back, I have to wait for the next. I have enjoyed every twist and turn. There are endless possibilities here and every single one just as exciting. I have just downloaded the sixth instalment and I already know that I won't be disappointed. When the Ship gets back home Capitan Na-Tan will probably get court martialled and awarded a medal at the same time...
In my humble opinion This is Space Opera at its best. Keep up the good work... but do it faster :-)
on 7 December 2012
Take a breath, the Corinari have risen. After a fantastic start to this wonderful series, we have a momentary pause in the non stop action. Ryk Brown weaves a wonderful mosaic of the various characters personalities and backgrounds. One gets to know them so much better and they soon become your personal friends.

Ryk Brown descriptions of battle are fantastic and keeps you on the edge of your seat. The only problem I have is that Ryk is not writing quick enough. Roll on the next book!
on 4 January 2013
Another fantastic part of the great series, and am looking forward to even more good stories from ther author in 2013.
on 6 May 2014
Quite a lot going on with some original ideas and reasonable characterisation. Having read the first three episode I then read the rest of the available books (including this one) within a couple of weeks (shows I enjoyed them). I tend to compare SF books to the culture novels by Ian M Banks (as they are probably my favourites) and this series was not quite as good - but close.
on 27 November 2012
A good storyline. The challenges they face seems to become more complex with each 'episode' and while they seem to be succeeding for the moment, its often at a 'price'. The mystery surrounding some of the main characters is gradually unfolding also, particularly Tug's which expanded in a slightly surprising way. Really look forward to the next in the series.
on 16 January 2014
I had never heard of this writer before, but after other comments left thought I'd try it and see.
I was very surprised at this writer, very good books indeed, good story line, excellent characters, I just couldn't put it down.
So I decided to buy the rest of the series and I have not been disappointed.