on 31 July 2012
At only 171 pages it felt like more of a novella than a novel. I completed the book in a day - even though I completed a full days work in between reading sessions.

I felt the writing had improved dramatically from episode one and I feel that the author is definitely improving. The ending was good, a better ending than episode one but still would have benefited from punchier dialogue in the final scene.

The combat as usual was great, the space combat especially. The new characters introduced were more rounded and overall despite a slow beginning I really enjoyed reading this book. I would have given it four stars but docked a point for the shortness (its the same price as the longer episode one).

I am however really looking forward to episode three which is longer.

Despite my reservations in my review for episode one I'm now hooked on this series.
on 16 July 2012
Well, it is pretty well written, certainly spelling and grammar do well for a Kindle book, and I do keep buying books in the series, so there is something engaging about the series as a whole. But the characters are a bit inane - they are young and portrayed as such, and the plot doesn't really hold together solidly. This book seems a bit short (the next lasts a lot longer), like an instalment to join stories together.

Certainly readable, but there will be no profound revelations, the characters do develop & the story moves at a reasonable pace, but there is something a bit weak about the plot - decisions characters make don't seem to hold well.
on 7 January 2013
This series is well worth trying, I have now read all of the available titles and found them to be pretty well written and very entertaining.
Apart from the occasional spelling mistake they work rather well. Its a tale rather like Star Trek Voyager in that a ship is sent far away by an accident and must try to find their way back to Earth. I like the captain and crew and now care about them and whether they make it home or not. I found that when I finished one book I had to buy the next because I was enjoying them so much.
on 16 January 2013
I got hooked on Aurora, and couldn't wait to get the Rings of Haven; it didn't disappoint. Captain Scott, Ensign Nash, "Cam" Taylor and the rest of the well developed cast (yes, this is easily made into a TV/movie series) is likeable. I particularly like the editing. So many books in this genre on Kindle are in need of proof reading and editing - not the case here for Ryk Brown's Frontiers Saga series.

Keep 'em coming Mr. Brown. I will be ready.
on 22 July 2012
You have to read the first in the series to get the most out of this book. Again the value for money is brilliant. I found that the plot was easy to follow and the characters are quite reasonable, some come into their own a little more in this episode. If you want a quick and fun science fiction and have already gone through the first book I'd say you have to carry on with the series. I've read all 4 books now so it's fair to say I'm addicted!
on 25 May 2013
This book is great, following on from the first the poor ship is getting more and more beaten up, how much longer can it last? Looking forward to reading the next book. I would recommend this book to all who love a good sci fi read. It's not a long book but it's fast paced, nice and easy read.
on 23 October 2015
It is enjoyable enough, with just a few slips in English to annoy my inner grammar nazi. Not enough to spoil the story though. Maybe it is a little over detailed in general, which can feel a bit like spinning out the story. only time and episode 3 will tell.
on 4 May 2013
Got to be honest, although the names have changed this is very reminiscent of star trek (cant remember what the series was called, lost in space, no way home..you get the picture!!) but it was an easy read. I'll definately be doing the whole series
on 8 July 2014
A great follow up to book one which I gave four stars. This one gets into the meat of the story and cracks along, either it was short or I enjoyed it so much I read quicker, either way I enjoyed it enough to buy book three without any question.
on 20 July 2013
Good SCI FI series, which will get you hooked if you like the Star Trek type genre. I do like the characters in this story and have enjoyed each one of the new lightyear jump journies with new characters being added at each new systems visited.