Enter Three Witches: A Story of Macbeth
Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange
Price:£4.67+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Caroline B. Cooney takes Shakespeare's MACBETH to new heights with ENTER THREE WITCHES.

Lady Mary is set for life. She has a bright future complete with a betrothal to a handsome boy, a castle of her own, and more than she could ever want. When her father is hanged for treachery, that bright future is ripped from her fingers. Instead, she becomes a maid in the household of Lord and Lady Macbeth, a dangerously powerful couple who will do anything to get their way.

As people drop dead and the events from MACBETH unfold around Mary, she finds that life is harder than she once believed.

This novel is enchanting, but difficult to follow at times. It bounces from character to character within the chapter, allowing you to see all that is happening at once. Ms. Cooney ties the novel in with Shakespeare's MACBETH using both events and quotes taken directly from the play. This is definitely recommended for the history buff or Shakespeare fan.

Reviewed by: Jessica Cave
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
VINE VOICEon 8 February 2013
I wasn't sure I'd enjoy this book, I've never read Shakespeare, and the time-setting was a bit out of my liking, but the story began very atmospheric, and then suddenly fell into what felt like a drab and monotonous drawl... Then, as I began to think I would perhaps not go on reading, it really got going at around page seventy where both the story and the characters really began to take shape and to mean something.

Initially I did not take to either of the characters - `Fleance' or `Mary'; they did not endear themselves to me at all, and did not inspire any kind of sympathy from the reader, but as the story unfolded, I eventually grew to like both of them. I'm not quite sure why this was - it may even have been that they'd actually changed in the story itself as people - and not just my opinion of them. However, I finished this book and it turned out that I really enjoyed it! The story wasn't too long and it had a great ending.

Recommended!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again