on 25 January 2015
Bought this as a first time ukulele buyer and It's not too bad. The idea is that you strum the string and it works out which string you're strumming and then gives you a pretty clear and easy to understand display showing you whether you need to be aiming higher or lower - it even shows the string number next to the pitch letter, which is handy.

Tip for other first-time ukulele players - go online and find a 'how to tune your uke' guide which will play you the notes you should be aiming for so that you can listen to them. I thought this tuner was rubbish initially because it wouldn't pick up any note that I played other than C. It turns out that this is because I had the other three strings pitched an octave too low. Once I'd corrected that it worked excellently, but do be aware that if your uke is totally out of tune you might struggle getting things in order using only this tuner.
on 15 July 2013
Good value and works! Makes tuning easy for novices . thanks. It has four different instruments too so you can tune more than just your uk
on 31 August 2013
It does what it is designed to do, and does it well and easily. Batteries easy to insert and this one is lasting well so far.
on 20 April 2013
excellent value for money,my grand daughter soon picked up how to use it,I'll probably get one of these for my guitar
on 6 April 2015
Well, at the ripe old age of 55 I have finally decided to learn how to play a musical instrument and so chose a Ukulele as I had been led to believe that it was a good instrument for a beginner. Having made the leap of faith, I decided that a tuner would be helpful and so ordered at the same time. Both arrived promptly within two days and so the first task was to see if I could tune it. After a little trial and error, plus some on-line guidance which at least gave me an idea of the sound I was looking for, I got there.

As at least one earlier reviewer had noted, I too initially only got a reading of C and string 3 regardless of which string I was strumming so no doubt that was due to the newness / set-up of the Uke. However, I persevered and managed to get there. It was noticeable that strings were going out of tune again almost immediately but this too was probably due to the instrument being new - many reviewers of the Uke had commented that this happened and that it could take a while for the strings to settle so I suspect the tuner will be both well used and well worth the money. Time will tell, however, if this old dog can be taught a new trick! Tiptoe through the tulips, anyone? (with apologies to those of less advanced years who probably have no clue as to what and whom I'm referring to!).
on 23 February 2014
Grips the head tightly - none of the problem you sometimes get with the bass e string registering, accurate, flexible in variety of instruments, big clear indication, no negatives.
on 11 August 2013
Very simple to use.

Very compact.

This lovely piece of gear is constantly cliped to my ukulele, I wouldn't be with out it.
on 1 September 2013
This clip on device is great and enables me to quickly tune my instrument. I think the tuner is extremely useful and I'm very happy with it.
on 31 January 2014
I am a musical instrument novice and was a bit clueless about tuning. The pitch pipe didn't really help so this electronic tuner really has made such a difference and I can easily tune each string as and when I want with the certainty that they are correctly tuned. Extremely easy to use and excellent value.
on 1 March 2016
Works perfectly. I've used in for acoustic guitar and ukulele and I am very impressed. Annoyed that I haven't bought one sooner as it would have made tuning much easier and quicker.