English Writing Exercises for International Students: An English Grammar Workbook for ESL Essay Writing
200 Interactive exercises to develop English essay writing skills for ESL Students.
The author wrote this mostly interactive workbook for his English essay writing classes. It contains more than 200 questions and answers on English grammar topics associated to developing good English essay writing skills.The questions are typical of those used in exams for an English diploma for university entrance.
These exercises are practical exercises to help support his previous three books:
- "Academic Writing for Graduate Students: Paragraph essentials for ESL Students"
- "Practical Academic Essay Writing Skills: Essay essentials for ESL Students"
- "The 5 Step Essay Writing Process: English Essay Writing Skills for ESL Students"
The exercises develop different areas required for fluent and confident English essay writing. They include:
- Punctuation: commas and apostrophes
- Subject/Verb agreement
- Sentence Structure: Simple, Compound, and Complex
- Sentence errors: Fragments, Run ons, Comma splices
- Sentence Combining
In addition, as a bonus, the author has included an extra 50 bonus questions for a review at a latter date. Perhaps when exam time comes!
The author recommends ESL Students in low-intermediate to low-advanced English classes use this workbook for developing their essay writing skills. As he said previously, in his last book, "Academic essay writing is an essential skill for universities, colleges, and other tertiary educational institutions. English writing skills form a part of the assessment requirements of many courses at university, college, or even high school, so it is extremely important you can do all these kinds of exercises to become a competent English essay writer for university."