This important new edition provides a complete course in engineering mathematics for degree and diploma students in electronic, electrical, systems and telecommunications engineering. It can be used throughout 1st and 2nd year degree programmes.
It is also extremely relevant to the growing areas of computer, software and design engineering.
Key features of this edition-
* This book develops and illustrates concepts through relevant and modern engineering
* All the necessary mathematical foundations are covered in detail in the early chapters, making this text particularly suitable for students from a variety of backgrounds.
* There is thorough coverage of Laplace, z and Fourier transforms, providing an
excellent foundation for signal processing methods.
Key new changes based on extensive research from students and lecturers-
* Improved format and 2-colour text design
* Increased coverage of basic algebraic techniques
* A new chapter on co-ordinate systems
* Extensive new material on the discrete Fourier transform and related techniques, of particular relevance to digital signal processing
* Enhanced coverage of line, surface and volume integrals
* Supplements package includes companion web site and solutions manual
Anthony Croft is manager of the Mathematics Learning Support Centre at Loughborough University.
Robert Davison and Martin Hargreaves are lecturers in the Department of Engineering and Technology at De Montfort University.
The authors are experienced teachers of mathematics to engineering students. They have written several highly acclaimed textbooks in this area.
Available with this text will be a CD-based testing and assessment package, with interactive multi-choice, multi-answer and hot-spot questions that allow students to test their understanding of the key topics. Ideal for reinforcing learning during the course or pre-examination revision, all questions will provide detailed student feedback on-screen, and also direct students to the relevant section or page in the text for further study.
A networkable version of the CD for use in diagnostic assessment is also available for purchase by university departments.