Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Mar 2008 21:27:48 GMT
From popular demand, i have deleted my review (which wasn't a review but an idea which would be nice to see in the new game) and am going to put it in here.
Wouldn't it be nice to see the enemy AI actually reacting to your gunfire, reacting in a way as to try and out flank you, surpress you in your position, and visa versa. if your surpressing the locust's then they don't move, keep there head down untill you can flank them, or something as such.
Also, as with the previous Gears the on-line co-op, but 4 player. it would better to see, in my opinion.
Anyone else got any views on this??

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Mar 2008 11:15:01 BDT
L. Armah says:
When you are good at the game you always want a greater challenge such as smarter AI.......but you need to remember there will be young kids playin it & people who are too dumb to tie thier own shoe laces lol. So we will have to hope they make a few changes but hopfully not too many.P.S pink floyd:the wall is great to listen to while playin this game...eerie as hell :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2008 14:49:28 BDT
To the post above, the developers will not make the game easier for young kids as its an adult game and will be an 18. Kids shouldn't even be playing it.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Apr 2008 22:48:19 BDT
L. Armah says:
are you telling me that when you were a kid u didnt play 18 rated games or watch 18 rated movies? I know i did as did loads of my mates.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Apr 2008 22:59:29 BDT
Last edited by the author on 8 Apr 2008 23:00:56 BDT
I never said kids wouldn't be playing it, i said they shouldn't be. What im trying to say is that the developers won't make the game easier because it is not aimed at kids and they shouldn't be playing it in the first place.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 May 2008 13:56:35 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Sep 2008 05:30:50 BDT
Fenix Rising says:
Skeggs, try playing the game on a level above easy and you may find that the enemy AI does change...flanking is what this game was all about? Not sure what your on about.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 May 2008 21:55:11 BDT
Jason C-Y says:
On multiplayer, the whole cover and flank thing is vital, however on single player, although you can do everything strategically you can also just ignore it all, even on Insane mode. The enemy do "flank" but not in an effective manner, in fact when they try to they usually just get shot down with a couple of bullets to the skull...

Also I agree with Unearth, although kids will no doubt play it. The makers probably will not change content to convinience those who *shouldn't* be playing it.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2008 23:15:17 BDT
P. Coomber says:
There are adults who are crap games too, ya know. Also, surely the AI gets cleverer as you increase in difficulty, right?

In reply to an earlier post on 18 May 2008 13:28:59 BDT
Having watched the teaser video for campaign and reading up information on Wikipedia i can say that it looks like Epic are indeed going the right direction to make this a big improvement. The new chainsaw duel looks pretty awesome also by the looks of it they have modified the chainsaw attack so when you chainsaw the locust their body falls apart. By far my most favourite part is being able to pick up downed enemies and use them as a shield. Hopefully Epic use all these new features and more to create the best game for 2008! Can't Wait!

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jul 2008 15:26:32 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Jul 2008 15:26:52 BDT
J. Chambers says:
When you chainsaw a Locust in Gears 1 it's body falls apart too.

Tip: Turn extreme content on.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Aug 2008 18:07:31 BDT
K. Gibson says:
Gears is an 18 never noticed that its pretty tame really

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Aug 2008 23:09:42 BDT
Yes, chainsawing each other into bits and having blood splattered over the screen, and shooting people's heads clean off is tame. What the hell have you been playing?!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2008 11:48:30 BDT
Jason C-Y says:
I recently saw a video about weapons. They are making it so that when you chainsaw/curb stomp etc. you are no longer invincible while doing so. So you can be killed while doing so now.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2008 21:46:47 BDT
John Evans says:
If you have played UnrealT 3 and seen the bots on there you would know how hard epic could make the AI, but hard is different to clever. I know the AI will be more clever than in the first game from what you can see in videos (your squad mates were retards at times in the first game). And I suspect you will be able to change the difficulty of the bots to give yourself a challange. The AI in horde mode must be good or EPIC will have made a failed highly anticipated mode.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Oct 2008 19:30:08 BDT
Jason C-Y says:
The fact that different players can choose different difficulty modes suggests that the AI doesnt change drom difficulty to difficulty. Rather that you take damage more easily on harder modes.

Having said that, I do also hope they stick better AI on Gears 2 or horde may get frustrating.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Oct 2008 17:09:10 BDT
John Evans says:
No what I ment is that if you are playing with you friend online say, because everyone takes the same damage online this mean the only way to make the bots harder instead of taking more damge would be to make them harder to actually play against.

But i see your point btw.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jan 2009 12:56:57 GMT
have you tried ninja gaiden 2? that makes GoW look like Halo!

Posted on 14 Feb 2009 13:06:39 GMT
I think the AI in gears 2 is actually pretty good but I know what you mean about the whole flanking situation although really I think we are asking a bit much of epic games. They have made an amazing game and we should just be happy for it, lets just hope they put better enemy flanking in gears 3 :).
P.S. I have completed Ninja Gaiden 2 and yes, it does make gears look like halo :D.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  27 Mar 2008
Latest post:  14 Feb 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Gears of War 2 (Xbox 360)
Gears of War 2 (Xbox 360) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (193)