Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 22 August 2011
i found this book very engaging and interesting and its not written by tom clancy so its no suprise it takes a very different tone to his other books so you cant compare this to clancy because his names on the cover, also i think the plot of this would be a lot more interesting and easyier to understand if you played the game but not only played the game you had to love the story as i did, the story is basically the prelude to war section of the game but a bit different and i found it very likeable in fact I read over half of it in 2 days and there are 41 chapters so for the cheap price it is I would recommend it to those who like the story of the game
on 9 December 2009
This is definatley not Tom Clancy's best book by a mile. However if your bored, on a holiday or waiting for another book it makes ok reading just to fill in gaps. However if you want to read Clancy's work at his best i recommend Red Storm Rising.
on 14 October 2008
To be honest, I was never expecting a good book, but this book was just horrific. After reading about someone performing feats of agility that would be tricky for a gymnast (someone slamming onto their gut just scans badly - slamming onto the stomach is better), I was constantly jarred out of the feeling of immersion. Reading a story based around the Paris sequence we saw in the first few trailers for the game would have been better, as would having the book written by Tom Clancy himself! The characters were interesting enough, but the plot didn't really seem to give them much room to breathe properly. Major Dennison in particular seemed to be chewing the scenery...
on 19 May 2008
Absolute utter rubbish,no substance no characterisation.....how Clancy can associate himself with such drivel after penning Red Storm Rising is beyond me.
on 22 May 2008
It's hardly Red Storm Rising.

Attempt at a Clancy type novel for 10 year olds.

No in depth tech descriptions.
Poor characterisation.
Badly written.

Can't understand why he has lent his name to it (all though he now has an extra few quid of mine as I bought it due to his association).
on 28 December 2010
This book was not to my taste, I do not like books writen by other authors under the original name. I think yhis is done for profit only!
VINE VOICEon 22 September 2008
I got this in April , as I was waiting for the game to appear. Well, the game still isn't out...but sadly the book was! Less engaging than a video game and with a tedious narrative.

If the game is like the book this might be the first Clancy I avoid....
on 10 May 2014
Clancy's collection always reach Clancy's own books.
His heritage is worth continuing buying this kind of books, whether it is the original or a translated version.