on 30 January 2014
I received a copy of Ending ELE, book 5 and the final book in the ELE series, in exchange for my review.

Picking up where Surviving ELE left off, Ending ELE sees Willow and her friends trying to avoid capture on two fronts, the army and Blake's men. Blake being Alec's father and the man who has taken over from Zack in his bid for Willow, and now Tony's blood.

Link to Goodreads
Link to amazon
Link to Clean Teen Publishing

I feel like that is a slightly inadequate summary, mainly because I was trying to avoid letting slip anything that may ruin the story! The ending (as in the book in general) did surprise me in a few places, particularly as some people turned out to be on completely different sides.

It took me a couple of pages to realise what was happening in the first chapter as well (though I did cotton on pretty quick after that) and I think that that gave an element of hope to the book. Though for something with dystopian elements it was a very upbeat (and satisfactory) ending.

That's all I'm going to say on Ending ELE, too many potential spoilers to go into more! But a couple of things on the series itself: the books were fast paced, with well written action scenes and imaginative science. And I think that Willow as a character has been on such a long and complex journey personality wise, particularly compared to many other protagonists her age. At the beginning of the series it was easy to remember she was just 15, but by the end she seemed so much older than 16, and with good reason it must be said!

Though I have a question. When Willow has children, would they also have powers? And would they have multiple powers or just one? And would Connor and Claire's children have one or two powers?
Ok turns out that was quite a few questions!
on 17 January 2014
Review 6******

This is the fifth and final book in this YA Romance/post-apocalyptic/dystopian series. I LOVED IT!

Willow Mosby is a fantastic character! She has had to deal with a lot in her short life. She is only sixteen (turning 17), but she has grown up quite quickly and is madly in love with Tony. I really like her tenacious and stubborn attitude. She is one of the bravest kick ass heroines I have come across in literature. She could probably give Katniss and Tris a run for their money!

This is a fantastic conclusion to the series! I have been looking forward to reading this book for some time. But I had mixed feelings about it too, because I felt sad that the adventure was coming to an end. Once I started reading though, I couldn't put the book down! Again, I was swept back into Willow's world full of danger from the Reapers, and the men wanting to extract her blood to figure out how she was able to absorb other's powers without becoming a Reaper herself and losing her soul. The story has a few twists that kept me guessing and intrigued. There are also a couple of new characters with intriguing powers that get introduced into the mix. However, Sebastian (Sabby for short and Willow's brother) stole my heart from the first book and has it still! He may only be three (turning four), but he just had me melting with his sheer cuteness! He reminded me of my nephews' at that age. The action was intense, and very descriptive; I felt like I was really in the midst of the scenes! There are also a few emotional scenes that were very touching, especially the one near the end, and I had to dry a few tears - keep a few tissues handy! However, I wouldn't have missed this emotional roller coaster ride of a series for anything! I am very grateful to a friend for recommending it to me!

The writing partnership between Rebecca Gober and Courtney Nuckels is fantastic! Their combined writing styles compliment each other beautifully. They have written a fast paced series that flows seamlessly from one book to the next. They have also created a world that is believable (which is somewhat a terrifying thought!), and characters that are extremely memorable. I am looking forward to reading more books from these authors in the future.

I highly recommend this book (and series!) if you love YA Paranormal Romance, Post-Apocalyptic or Dystopian novels. - Lynn Worton
on 29 August 2015
A somewhat slower (action) ending to the story than expected, but still a great read and a satisfying end too. My only picky point is that the main character is only a young teenager that, yes, has been through a lot and therefore must grab life and all it offers with both arms open wide and enjoy what little moments of peace they have (when you are being hunted and running for your life everyday) but at times I cringed a little reading through the depth of her love for 'her man'. Don't get me wrong, they behave oh so very properly, so the books in this series are a fine read for teenagers and young adults (and I thoroughly enjoyed them too, and I am no young adult anymore), and I will be letting my young teenage daughter read it. Well done to the writers.
on 30 September 2013
I was given a copy of this book by the authors in return for an honest review. Totally loved this series & this book was a brilliant ending to it. Sad, now that it's all over :-( Willow & her friends are back & are still on the run from the bad guys! Tony is totally adorable & swoon worthy. Action from start to finish with sweet romance thrown in for good measure! Connor is very funny in this book & his character brings much needed fun to a very frightening time. You'll laugh & you'll cry, but happy endings can happen even in the midst of great sadness! You have to read this book!!!!!!
on 16 September 2013
OMG OMG OMG!!! What a wonderful ending to an awesome sauce series!!! I can't write too much as I am just getting it through my mind that it is the end, I will never read about Tony and Willow again :( I loved the humour and the action. A great read all in all :) x
on 19 January 2014
Although I enjoyed the story of these books the amount of spelling errors and using incorrect names started to get very very irritating
on 23 July 2014
This set of books, had me gripped from the beginning. A must read for fantasy book lovers everywhere. Good reading :)
on 21 October 2013
I loved these books the story was captivating I could not put my kindle down I will read these again
on 23 January 2015
Fantastic final story. I didn't want it to end. Recommend this to anyone.