Format: Hardcover|Change

on 30 May 2012
I read the previous reviews, they seemed outsanding, and I decided to purchase the book as a result. Form page one, you can tell it is not very well written, and this is replicated throughout the entire book. The data the research has been applied to is purely the stocks of the S&P500, which is fine if you trade those stocks. However if you trade the Foreign Exchange then the research in this book doesn't apply. I also think the book is way over priced at the £60 - £80 region. In my opinion the original texts on Japanese Candlestick Charting by Steve Nison are the best books to by on the subject, mainly the 2nd edition, are much better priced, a much better read and much more informative.
on 27 October 2009
The author has a detailed analysis of candlesticks pattern by pattern. I never see anything like this. Definetely, I sold all my other books and this is the best for charting in my view.
Worth every single penny.
on 5 August 2010
I found this book very well thought of, as well as "The encyclopedia of chart patterns" by the same author, that I also own.
Even if I trade mainly stock index futures and forex (so that some patterns do not apply, for ex: gaps), I found the reading very valuable indeed, especially the findings on some patterns that statistically behave differently to what one might expect.