Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 December 2013
First the positive points: There are some nice ideas here for kids relaxation/meditations. I started 'guided meditation' with my daughter as she is trying to get to sleep and she enjoys it, often asking me for 'a relaxation' at bedtime. I bought some of these books and audiobooks to give me some inspiration for and to help her when I'm not around. Like I said, some good ideas here.

Now for the downside. I can't use these recordings, and still have to 'perform' the story myself. These recordings are way too quick. The whole point is help a child to drift off to sleep. I try to do this with the rhythm and pacing of my words, but the narrator here seems to rush through the story. Some sections of the stories could be explored more fully, some sections could use more repetition, and the stories could be longer. Some of these stories are 3 minutes long. Is your child fully asleep withing three minutes? Enough to not be jolted back to wakefulness when the story abruptly ends?

So, nice idea, but I would love to hear a different recording of these.
on 24 September 2006
Enchanted Meditations

This is the best relaxation CD I have heard. The voice and the content are both lovely - usually one or other doesn't engage. Although I bought it for my very active daughter, we often listen to it together. The voice is very soft and calming and doesn't patronise children. My daughter responds very well to the relaxation exercises that precede each visualisation and I like the way they seamlessly run into each other. It has become a firm favourite in our household and is a really great relaxation CD.
on 20 August 2013
This is an amazing CD with just the right balance of imagery with instruction for calming and soothing your child. This is a really useful way to teach your child how to relax. It brings awareness to the child and adult alike of the importance of the body and mind interaction.

Although the instructions are for older children to follow, my granddaughter likes the soothing quality of the sounds and the words although still not understood (she is only a year old) she likes hearing the stories just the same.

Oh and if like me you tend to want to join in the benefit is that you can become calm too.
on 5 February 2011
Funny but it was a friend who recommended these and brought hers over for us to borrow.Her daughter had them on her ipod and fell asleep to them. I had complained my nine year old found her mind going over things before bed and couldn't sleep very well. So I put this on just loud enough for her to hear, kiss her goodnight and she unwinds and has a great sleep. I have been using various by the same person for over a year - except my friend wanted them back eventually so I bought them. We can't possible not have them. Fantastic. And they work on grown-ups too.
on 23 February 2009
I got this for my 8 year old daughter who has a times been reluctant to climb the wooded hill due to fear of bad dreams. Despite my patience and calmness when bedtime approached, it did at times feel like a never ending battle, however this CD has brought about a sea of tranquility around bedtimes now. The soothing voice and beautifly written guides have truly transformed bedtimes. I would recommend this to any child of any age and certainly any parent who needs a helping hand in getting the little ones off to a peaceful nights slumber.
on 19 December 2006
I bought this CD to help my children relax at bed time and it worked wonders. They loved the visualisations and found that it helped them to let go of the day's worries and unwind. They have had exams and were feeling very anxious but found that they could calm down when they listened to the meditations. The voice on the CD is beautiful and would help even the adults among us to unwind! I thorougly reccommmend it to anyone who needs to help their children let go of the stresses they encounter.
on 14 January 2009
I bought this CD for my twins aged 2 to help them go to sleep. It is so soothing and relaxing that when I can hear it through the baby monitor it almost sends me to sleep too!

There are a few 'guided meditations' (relaxing visualisation stories) where your child pictures in their mind "a butterfly landing on your hand" and "swimming with your dolphin". Its really sweet and gets the imagination going whilst relaxing them and sending them into a dreamy, deep sleep.

They love it and I can hear them following the instructions.. ie "take a long deep breath" "blow the butterfly into the air softly like blowing out a candle" etc

I am really pleased with my purchase - it was well worth every penny and wouldn't hesitate in recommending it.

(edited to add... My twins are now 5 and still love the CD - we also have the bedtime meditations one now too and they haven't stayed awake until the end of it yet :D They cannot help but sleep Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

Edited to add - I have recommended this to about 4 friends with troublesome sleepers and it knocks their kids out too!
on 6 March 2013
Christiane has a lovely voice and the adventures are interesting for both girls and boys and my 6 year old wants to hear them. This CD solved my child's sleeplessness in 2 nights. The first night he was a bit wound up about whether it would work which got in the way of him listening. Second night he was asleep very quickly and slept through - first time in ages.
As long as your child DOES LY DOWN and listen to the cd I'm pretty sure it will work for them.
on 23 March 2009
I ordered this for my 10yr old and I'm glad I did! It is lovely and Christiane Kerr's voice is what makes it all the more soothing. The imagery throughout the meditations is fantastic and the 'instructions' are easy to follow and do. I have listened to them with my child and we've both enjoyed it. And, it gets requested every night!

Well worth purchasing!
on 14 September 2011
My 10 year old son has always struggled to get to sleep. I was reluctant for him to take any form of medication if possible as he has a pre-existing medical condition. I had discussed this with my GP and his pc but they could offer no solution other than bedtime routines, etc which we had already done.

Things got so bad this Summer that he started complaining of headaches and developed a facial tic (by the way he was checked out and nothing except a slight lazy eye came to light). I decided to give this cd a try because of the reviews.

The first night he said it didn't work but within a week he was falling asleep within 10 minutes of the cd starting. The difference in him is amazing - he now wakes up very quickly, seems happier, hasn't complained of headaches and his facial tic has completely disappeared.