on 3 December 2012
I downloaded and read this story to my 7 and 9 year old daughters. We have read all three Hetty Feather stories, and have loved them all. It has even led us to a visit at the Foundling Hospital Museum in London. We have also found a relative who grew up in the Foundling Hospital which made the story all the more fascinating. We are hoping the Jacqueline Wilson writes a fourth book to continue Hetty's life!
After an unfortunate event occurring at the end of the book before this one in the series, Hetty decides to follow her desire to find her true father. However, when she does find him, she discovers that life is rather tough up in Yorkshire, so when Hetty receives a letter from her foster brother explaining a tearful tragedy, a long journey home begins.
Nothing seems to improve when she returns to her foster family. Therefore, Hetty must decide what path to take her to her destiny.

This heart-warming story takes you through journeys which stretch your imagination to the extreme. Jacqueline knows how to slightly annoy any reader when the main character, Hetty or Sapphire or Emerald(the same girl!?), makes wrong decisions. In your mind, you begin to create images and ideas of what will happen in the end but there are plots and twists so the story continues yet it still keeps you hooked.

An excellent book which I would recommend to anyone who has read the Hetty Feather series. Absolutely magnificent; I am so glad that I read this charming book of Emerald Star.

(by SKY x)
on 6 November 2013
This book is amazing. Just like the first 2 books I simply adored this book. Hetty goes through a lot in her life and cries a little to. I really want Jacqueline Wilson to carry on writing these series and to write about Hetty 's life in the circus. I personally think that Hetty feathers life story should be told until the very end
on 23 December 2012
This book is amazing!!!

It's a wonderful series and a shame to see the last one. :~(

I like the part when Hetty , Sapphire , Emerald finally for fills her wish by going to join the circus with madame adeline but why she had to leave her precious Jem is what troubles me.

When I found that Hetty feather was in the Queen Victoria years , I understood the language I read but also I understood that it must be hard to understand but after a while , I got used to the language i read , I got more into the story ad couldn't put it down!!!

I recommend this to 10+ as I am ten and at the start as I said I couldn't understand the language I read

Happy reading!!!

P.s. Michelle is not my name it's my mums name my name is Sophie
on 16 January 2013
I sort of enjoyed this book. Let me explain: I used to be a real fan of Jacqueline Wilson books but then i realized that she knows nothing about kids in the present day. All her kids issues seem worse because of the way she portrays them, in a post-war perspective. I liked hetty feather boks though, as hetty was nothing like Jacqueline, as most of her characters are. This is the last jw books i am gonna buy. There were some bad and unreliable parts, such as the way hetty is always going on about jem but they never got together. Hetty DID love dear jem in the previous books, jw cant change hetty like that. All in all,though it was written quite badly, the characters were quite likeablr, except, and this ruins it, hetty herself. Hetty is too self centered and boastful and i found myself wishing it was jem telling the story. Hetty is so mean to him.
on 21 March 2015
This book is one of the most saddest yet at the same time happiest story I have ever read. This story is about a girl called Hetty Feather that grew up in a founding hospital she suffered seeing her mum die for before that she was working in services for a man named Mr Buchman. He tried to steal Hetty's memoirs. Before she was given to the founding hospital she had a dear brother called Jem. In this story Hetty tried to find her long lost dad. She manages to find him and stays at his cottage but Katherine, her father's wife hates Hetty. Hetty soon decides to go back to the cottage she grew up in to care for her sick mum. There something Turkey incredible happens to her and her life changes forever....
on 21 January 2013
This book is one of my favorite's because it is a heart breaking story about a young foundling girl who has been tossed out of her house hold and has to find work. Her mother died the year before and her mother still tells her what to do from the heart and she says "find your father hetty". Getty goes out on a wonderful journey to find her long lost father. My favourite character is of course hetty because she is fearless and caring and she always looks out for other people. My least favourite character was her foundling brother Gideon who came in and did everything better than hetty. I gave this five stars because it is outstanding and I believe everyone should read it.
on 3 July 2013
Seriously Hetty Feather, Sapphire Battersea and Emerald Star are the best books I've ever read - all three books are part of the stories. I recommend you reading Hetty Feather then Sapphire Battersea first then read this as you will understand it. It was funny, creative and gave you some whopping surprises, the book is really engaging and entertaining to read it takes you on an adventure and is even emotional. Jaqueline Wilson is an excellent writer this book was amazing. The ending left you thirsty for more. Though I didn't like the ending as it wasn't what I wanted to happen :P but that just proves how in you get into the book, it's well worth the money.
on 28 August 2013
This is a great read! It is so exiting and never boring. It was a bit upsetting at points but still great! I've always enjoyed Jacqueline Wilson's books but this was certainly one of the best. She never lets me down. I would recommend this book to people 8 and over. Emerald star is just one of three Hetty feather books including Hetty feather, Sapphire Battersea (Hetty feather) and Emerald star (Hetty feather) Its an amazing book! I thought nothing could top Queenie but Emerald star topped it by miles and miles! Emerald star is my favorite book so far. I'm sure nothing could top this! I can't wait the next Hetty feather book comes out Diamond!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 January 2013
I have been buying Jaqueline Wilson books for my youngest daughter for a few years now. She is a voracious and fast reader. Unfortunately Ms Wilson doesn't write them as fast as my sprog reads them.
I have yet to hear a complaint about any of the stories and this one was no exception. Far from it, I think Wilson actually manages to successfully connect fact and fiction with great emotional depth. Something which is often lacking in literary works aimed at younger readers.
She always creates a moral fibre, which is easy to understand for her younger readers.
In short, they can relate to her characters, because they are so real.