on 23 February 2013
Although I have been knitting for more years that I care to remember I still want hints and tips on how to finish garments off to a more professional standard and this book has lots of those. It is written in a very easy to understand format so even the novice knitter will be able to follow Elizabeth's instructions and achieve great things! My main reason for buying an Elizabeth Zimmermann book is to learn how to adapt patterns to knit in the round to eliminate as many seams as possible and this book and "Knitting Around" (also by Elizabeth Zimmermann) have helped me achieve this.
on 16 July 2014
At last I have my own copy and don't have to borrow anymore!

Recently I used a pattern from the internet, which was a load of rubbish; pattern did not even relate to the design, let alone be correct. Had no help from the business (they were interested in selling wool only, I think). In despair I asked for help from my knitting group, and the lady from whom I had borrowed this book told me to use Elizabeth Zimmerman's percentage system to sort out the problem. Up till then I had procrastinated as I thought it was too complicated and too mathematical. Nothing of the sort. I only had to unwind down to the armholes, and it was so much easier. It has boosted my confidence. I am planning later in the year to design and knit a Norwegian sweater using this system!
on 5 August 2011
Wonderful book - I really loved Elizabeth Zimmermann books. I've already knitted a hat in the round. I'm just summoning up the courage to do a sweater in the round! It took a long time for this book to arrive. To be fair the sellers offered to send another one out if the first on failed to arrive. It did in the end, but I think they should review the service they use to post items out.
on 6 June 2014
I got this mainly for the BSJ pattern, but also because of its classic status. Having read it, but not yet having had time to work from it, I'm very happy with it. I'm planning to! It lacks the fifth star because of the cheap paper it's printed on.
on 16 February 2015
If I had one knitting book it would be this one! The percentage knitted yoke sweater is a zen moment when everything becomes clear! Elizabeth Zimmerman is like a lovely, down to earth aunty , sat by your side unravelling the mysteries of knitting. I have since bored many people to tears and become almost evangelic about "Knitting Workshop" and would heartily recommend it to anyone who wants to become a more confident knitter.
on 13 February 2012
I am thoroughly enjoying learning more about a craft I have done all my life (I am now in my 70s), particuarly how to get rid of that awful job of 'sewing up'. I also find circular needles so much easier to work on now that my hands are quite troubled by arthritis, and I am pleased to be engrossed once again in a craft I had thought I must either put aside or knit endless pairs of socks. I also enjoy Elizabeth's wit and wisdom which is interlaced throughout her instructions and is so easy to read.
on 28 February 2013
It's a bit hard to follow in places because it originally had an accompanying video but I'm really enjoying knitting the 'Zimmerman way'.
on 17 November 2015
Very nice to know that the knitting guru of the 20th century agrees with me on most things. Good to have the 'original' version - but I'm tempted to get the 'updated' version for better illustrations.
on 11 August 2013
Fab book by the undisputed 'Queen Of Knitting' Elizabeth Zimmerman

I love it, all you need to know about knitting.
on 22 March 2016
A slightly nwere replacement for my old copy. Arrived in good time. Thank you.