Customer Discussions > The Elephant Man [DVD] forum

Elephant Man: Missing Scenes???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Aug 2007 23:59:39 BDT
mxyloreda says:
I saw Elephant Man for the first time in the States way back in '81 and I vividly recall the following scenes which seem to be missing in the Universal Pictures version, which is produced, distributed and sold in Italy where I now reside: 1.) the scene in which John sees a woman in all her glory for the first time in his life 2.) the scene in which John amazes his friends with his acute analysis of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Are these scenes omitted in the Uk version too? I hope not. Let me know. Thanks, Lorraine

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Nov 2007 12:58:05 GMT
Withnail says:
Hi Lorraine

The scene of Merrick meeting a woman and being overcome is when Dr Treves brings Merrick to his house and introduces Merrick to his wife who shakes his hand. The Romeo and Juliet scene is when Treves arranges for the Victorian actress, Dame Madge Kendal (played by Anne Bancroft), to visit Merrick in his room. Whilst there she and Merrick recite the play to each other from a book that she's given to Merrick. Both scenes are in the UK and US DVD editions. The US edition is the one to get as it has various documentaries and 5.1 sound. The UK edition is just bare and only has the movie. Hope this helps.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  9 Aug 2007
Latest post:  2 Nov 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions