- Check out our Sports & Leisure store for more great offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £2.05 UK delivery
FIFA 09 (Xbox 360)
|Price:||£5.89 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Polished, Refined Game play: Featuring 250 additions and enhancements to core game play, including new animation technology that creates more responsive first-time shooting and passing, faster and more controlled dribbling, and improved trapping, and new player momentum physics that delivers realistic player collisions, authentic jostling for the ball, and more variation in tackling.
- Custom Team Tactics: Become a first-team coach with the power to tune and balance 11 tactical sliders for 140 attacking and 40 defending options (more than 50,000 combinations) so CPU players and your team perform just like the real-world team or how you think the real team should play. Save your tactics to make strategic decisions to exploit your opponent's weaknesses during the game. Plus, share your strategies with friends online.
- Be A Pro - Seasons: Pick or create a professional player and test your football ability over a four season campaign. Master a single position and develop your skills - passing, shooting, positioning, marking - to ultimately become a national legend.
- Improved Goalkeeper Intelligence: Goalkeepers position themselves more intelligently, react to shots more realistically and recover from saves faster.
- Customised Controllers: Create your own bespoke controller configuration, save it and even take it online effortlessly. Assign actions to the buttons exactly how you like them for complete control.
Virtual Reality Is Coming
2016 is the year of Virtual Reality. Find out everything you need to know at our Virtual Reality Store. Learn about Oculus Rift, PlayStation VR and the HTC Vive and sign-up to be notified when they will be released.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Xbox 360
- BBFC Rating:
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform: Xbox 360 | Edition: Standard | Format: Box
Step onto the pitch and play professional football your way in FIFA 09. Experience the most authentic football simulation EA Sports has delivered as you live the fantasy of playing as a professional player and customise the game to suit your style and ability.
Powered by the third generation of the EA Sports football engine, FIFA 09 features more than 250 core gameplay additions and enhancements that deliver the most responsive, intelligent and realistic action ever for the series. Enjoy turning defenders with more controlled dribbling and ball control, snapping off precision shots with improved first-time shooting mechanics and firing beautifully timed passes with greater accuracy, placing the ball exactly where you want it.
With new player momentum physics the speed and weight of the player determines everything from the distance of a slide tackle and the power of a header to the severity of player collisions and the height of a player's jump. Plus, players now behave according to their physical attributes with larger, stronger players dominating collisions, battles for control of the ball, and position in challenges for two player headers.
Top Customer Reviews
Ive been a long time admirer of pes from the very humble ps1 right up to last years 2008 edition, tending to sway away from the the yearly generic fifa's.
Well this yr it appears the developers behind fifa have got it right on the money so to speak in my opinion.
The feel of the game is just right, it plays like football, feels like football, sounds like football, i could go on.
For years an years ive hoped someday EA would pull thier finger out an realise where they were going wrong and boy though its took 15 long years to understand how to play football properley they really have created a gem of a game.
I wont bore you with all the features as many other reviewers have already pointes them out but i can totally agree with their opinions though admittedly i/m yet to try the manager mode.
All in all summing up, this years edition is outstanding, ok there are a few tiny little glitches in the change player method an little niggles with player animation sometimes but other than that it is flawless, besides surely they couldnt have made it completely perfect from top to bottom!!
Couldnt recommend it enough ( coming from a PES veteran! )
So what's good about it? I always find that when the transfer window is open, the game is far more enjoyable, loaning out players, Placing bids etc. Sorting out formations and the starting 11, who gets the armband, who takes the all important penalty, all great little features, most present in 08. The music is another story though.. with countless Spanish crap and garbage we get on the radio like the cringe worthy bile that is the ting tings. Luckily enough, the 360 can play its own tracks. The graphics aint too bad to be fair, but its clear that they only added detail to the big names, i.e. Rooney, Lampard, Torres. The rest simply have a generic default face, black/white/asian/ blonde/black/brown hair. Manager mode is one of the games best features without a doubt, you'd have to be rather simple to just play exhibition matches non stop.. not to mention actually enjoy the matches... tough. Be a pro is also a good mode.. if only for 4 seasons.. shame, suddenly there's no point. Onto a real c*ck up now, the referee. 09 has to have one of the most biased games of all. Your players will almost always give away a free kick, even if you don't slide tackle, even if the computer controls YOUR play and runs him into another, or if you have the misfortune of seeing the game switch players just as you are going to kick the ball or slide tackle fairly..Read more ›
Read the following and make your own mind up:
1. 'Wow' factor is evident at first. Looks good, offical teams (even Forest!), official leagues, sorted.
2. Play for a few hours, loose a few games on semi pro, then win every one of them. Bored after a while, so knock it up a level to pro.
3. Notice referee is a joke. Gives free kicks when he shouldnt, dishes out red and yellow cards like he is going for some kind of world record.
4. Players knocked off the ball too easily. No strength, so going on a run and staying on your feet is a no no. 9 times out of ten, you will simply fall on your backside and loose posession.
5. Far too hard on Professional, an absolute joke on semi pro. Semi is like a training game, I always win by around 5-6 goals. Pro is a laugh, for a wrong reasons. The passing on the game is awful, but the comps is great. Your team AI is awful, but the comps is absolutely magic and they will destroy you on every break, usually resulting in a goal.
6. The AI closes you down far too quickly, like they are on speed. They run around twice as fast as your players, knock you over, flash the ball around the pitch like there's twenty of them and bang it in the back of the net. After playing over 15 pro matches, I seriously have not won more than 1.
7. Commentary is rubbish, camera stutters often and the flood lights light up about 2 square inch of the grass. Rubbish
8. Great graphics!
So, overall, rubbish. 2 stars because it does look great, but gameplay? Have a laugh. I have more fun at the dentist. If you want to play on semi pro and bang 20 goals in a game, then fine, please purchase. But if you want a challenge, like most football game fans look for, then go elsewhere.Read more ›
it was for that reason i bought fifa 08 in january of this year. i had taken some time off from playing football games due to the poor new releases of pro evo soccer. my visit to fifa 08 land was only brief. i only played it about 5 times! apparently loosing my age old love of football games.
i so happened to stumble across a promotional video for fifa 09 and it was like being back in 2002. i found myself in the shops on the friday fifa 09 was released with my pound notes in hand.
and after all that build up i got home and slapped it into the xbox 360, i had wanted the ps3 version but they were sold out and i couldnt wait.
i am hugely impressed by the game. the custom tactics are delightfuly easy to use and change how your team performs dramaticly. the gameplay which is the one thing that i am really bothered about, is also amazing. choosing long or short passes with different length presses of the same button.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The last good FIFA before they ruined it all! This game is fun and has good graphics. The playability is realistic but still has a touch of arcade speed and fun about it! Read morePublished 14 months ago by Chris
This game is only "OK" in my book. My son, 10, rarely plays this game due to the fact that it is boring for him. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Liz Sidnell
This one was the last one with the Lounge Mode, great for when you have mates roundPublished 15 months ago by Hugh Willis