- Platform: Windows
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 18 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 18. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 18 years of age or over.
- Media: DVD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £1.99 UK delivery
Dead Space (PC)
|Price:||£7.75 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Strategic dismemberment-Shear off limbs with powerful weapons as you carve a bloody path through the alien hordes. Find ways to neutralize attacking enemies effectively or they'll keep coming at you. When ammo runs low, use telekinesis to pick up objects-even the enemies' own arms and legs!-and fire them at anything that stands in your way
- Terror in the far reaches of space-A blood-curdling interactive horror experience features state-of-the art graphics and effects, a panic-inducing audio system, and a truly frightening atmosphere of death and despair
- Real Zero G-Battle relentless enemies and crack challenging puzzles in unprecedented zero-gravity environments that reinvent survival horror
- Uncover the horrific truth-Cut through the harrowing mystery to stop the alien onslaught. Discover the tragic story of the Ishimura's downfall through the final, frantic logs of the ship's hideously transformed crew.
Virtual Reality Is Coming
2016 is the year of Virtual Reality. Find out everything you need to know at our Virtual Reality Store. Learn about Oculus Rift, PlayStation VR and the HTC Vive and sign-up to be notified when they will be released.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Platform: PC | Edition: Standard
When an immense mining ship, the USG Ishimura, comes into contact with a mysterious alien artifact in a remote star system, its communications with Earth are mysteriously cut off. Engineer Isaac Clarke is sent to repair the Ishimura’s communications array, but he arrives to find a living nightmare—the ship is a floating bloodbath, the crew unspeakably mutilated and infected by an ancient alien scourge. Clarke’s repair mission becomes one of survival as he fights not just to save himself, but to return the artifact to the planet … at any cost.
- Strategic dismemberment—Shear off limbs with powerful weapons as you carve a bloody path through the alien hordes. Find ways to neutralize attacking enemies effectively or they’ll keep coming at you. When ammo runs low, use telekinesis to pick up objects—even the enemies’ own arms and legs!—and fire them at anything that stands in your way.
- Terror in the far reaches of space—A blood-curdling interactive horror experience features state-of-the art graphics and effects, a panic-inducing audio system, and a truly frightening atmosphere of death and despair.
- Real Zero G—Battle relentless enemies and crack challenging puzzles in unprecedented zero-gravity environments that reinvent survival horror.
- Uncover the horrific truth—Cut through the harrowing mystery to stop the alien onslaught. Discover the tragic story of the Ishimura’s downfall through the final, frantic logs of the ship’s hideously transformed crew.
When an immense mining ship, the USG Ishimura, comes into contact with a mysterious alien artifact in a remote star system, its communications with Earth are mysteriously cut off. Engineer Isaac Clarke is sent to repair the Ishimura's communications array, but he arrives to find a living nightmare - the ship is a floating bloodbath, the crew unspeakably mutilated and infected by an ancient alien scourge. Clarke's repair mission becomes one of survival as he fights not just to save himself, but to return the artifact to the planet ... at any cost.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The graphics are excellent and gameplay is smooth. Unusually for a game of this genre you have a third person perspective directly behind the player but I quickly got used to it and has the advantage of being able to see if a monster is attacking you from behind.
The monsters are very creative and grotesque and to kill them you have to shoot their limbs off which is nice.
I was constantly on edge playing this game because at any moment some creature could jump out of vent or appear from the darkness and I lost count of the amount of times I jumped in this game!
Fantastic game and I will definitely be getting the second installment in the near future.
I've got an above average spec system and managed to max out all setting in super smooth 1920 x 1080. The graphics detail of the ship is excellent, and the level design completes the feeling of isolation in space as you travel up and down the tram system, completing objectives and trying to work out what's happened.
The beauty of this game is that you have plenty of time to take in the current scenery, soaking up the atmosphere, and then go for the big shoot-out when you feel ready for it. Every new task is a reward of ticking off the classic sci-fi scene checklist. From Bio Lab to Hydroponics bay it references a number of great films and is brilliant eye candy.
The real stand out feature for me is the health & comm's display built into your man's suit. I especially like the holographic video pop-ups when your companions are contacting you.. it hits all my sci-fi geek buttons. The voice acting is also believable and extremely atmospheric.
The game is really terrifying with the amusingly gruesome deaths, viscously mutated monsters, and the fading in psycho style music preparing you for another slasher moment.
For the few pounds on here it's a 2012 bargain.
MASS EFFECT can be found in clearance bins only months after its release; SPORE undersold miserably; EA's stock was hit hard because of these failures (way BEFORE the market dive) - and yet, no one seems to be awake at the helm.
By insisting on slipping in such problematic and hated DRM scheme in DEAD SPACE (and RED ALERT 3 in a week), EA proves in how little respect it holds its own customers. Of course, calling "pirates and petulant children" the 3,100 Amazon reviewers that rated with 1-star the, similarly plagued, SPORE should have been an early hint.
SecuROM 7+ has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH FIGHTING PIRACY. Proof: both MASS EFFECT and SPORE (as with BIOSHOCK last year) were pirated hours within (if not...before) their release - and if I can find this by simply Googling it, so can anyone.... I would bet dollars to donuts that EA is well aware of this - yet keeps bundling SecuROM 7+ although it severely hurts its sales! Ever wonder why?
SecuROM has always been more about data-mining and reporting back to its occasional mothership than...fighting piracy. That is why even FREE demos contain SecuROM. And that is why completely uninstalling a game plagued with SecuROM will NOT remove SecuROM - which will keep playing havoc with your system.
Lately, these security concerns have been accentuated as known Trojans seem to be exploiting SecuROM's backdoor access for their own purposes. In effect, installing a SecuROM-infected game in our computer will be placing your hardware and data at risk long after having uninstalled the game.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Scary, good graphics and story line is good. The main character is the strong silent type and I would have preferred him to talk a bit at least to build a bit of characterisation. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Frank
A Classic at the time it was out still a great game with great atmosphere to it.Published 5 months ago by laurence liedtke
A game I finished, Best with sound up better than any other survival horror for the sound track alone.Published 7 months ago by B. A. Mclaren