The world has been ravaged by a series of climatic disasters and society is on the verge of total breakdown. Now the aliens have returned, with a full invasion force bent on nothing less than the total annihilation of mankind, starting by trying to rip the heart out of Earth's most iconic city. In New York, terrifying alien invaders stalk the streets and a nightmare plague strikes down the city's myriad inhabitants with brutal epidemic speed. The city's systems are in chaos, its streets and skyline are smashed and in flaming ruin. This is New York City like you've never seen it before.
Neither paramilitary law enforcement nor the might of the US military machine can stand against the invaders, and all who choose not to flee are dead men walking. Just to survive in this maelstrom of death will require technology beyond anything any modern soldier has ever seen. One man will inherit that means to survive. One supersoldier, wielding the combat enhancement technology of the future with Nanosuit 2, will make the last stand to save humanity from destruction in the urban jungle that is New York City
New York is under alien attack as the tropical jungles of the original game give way to the concrete jungle of the Big Apple. The critically acclaimed Crysis series makes its first appearance on consoles and shows exactly why PC gamers have lauded it for its graphics and innovative gameplay.
New York is under attack from deadly alien invaders
| Use a wide range of weapons and the new Nanosuit 2 |
| Crysis 2 features some of the best graphics ever seen |
| Turn the fully destructible terrain to your advantage |
Wearing the new Nanosuit 2 only you have the abilities and knowledge to combat the alien threat, even as you're also being hunted by human agents. Depending on your needs you can instantly tell the suit to augment your speed, strength or aiming accuracy - or even make yourself invisible.
Combine your powers at the right moment and you have the flexibility to take down any threat in your own unique style. Whether you stalk enemies with stealth takedowns, boost your strength to flatten them with parked cars or use the versatile range of guns and weaponary you can play the game anyway you want. Key Features
About the Developer: Crytek
- World Crisis: Crysis comes to consoles for the first time as New York becomes the latest battleground in an alien takeover of planet Earth.
- Latest Fashion: The Nanosuit 2 gives you the flexibility to take on enemies however you want as it augments your strength and speed and even turns you invisible for short periods.
- Tactical Choice: Pick your own strategies as you explore the large open world levels - will you attack quietly and unseen or go for an all out assault with guns blazing?
- Photorealism: State-of-the-art graphics use the new CryEngine 3 technology to bring the most advanced visuals ever seen on consoles and the PC.
- Worthy Opponent: Advanced artificial intelligence powers every enemy, with humans and aliens all having vastly different reactions and tactics to combat your presence.
Although one of Germany's biggest games developers Crytek was actually founded by three Turkish brothers and has studios in Frankfurt, Ukraine, Hungary, Bulgaria, South Korea and England. Crytek are best known for high tech first person shooters such as the first Far Cry and Crysis.